Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Umbraco 137 posts 294 karma points
    Aug 08, 2013 @ 14:45
    Umbraco

When transferring a document and its children, upload property data is not tranferred

I used the context menu to transfer a document and its children to another server. On of its children was a document that had 3 upload properties. Although most items were transferred (the document, doctypes, data types etc.) the uploaded files were not transferred.

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Aug 08, 2013 @ 14:48
    Per Ploug

What version are you on? you should see the files in the transfer overview under resources, if you don't you might need an update to 2.7.8.14+ as there were in some cases not collected files from the right location

Aug 08, 2013 @ 15:07
    Umbraco

I prefer to only install from http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/umbraco-courier-2. So we are on that version (just installed it on all instances).

Is the version you mention a nightly? Should I install that on a production environment?

Thanks

Aug 08, 2013 @ 15:10
    Umbraco

In the items tab I see PropertyData, in the Files tab I don't see the uploaded files, only manifest.xml and guid.couriercompare + guid.couriergraph

Aug 08, 2013 @ 15:16
    Umbraco

Oh wait... the files are missing, I did a clean check-out of our source so my working copy is no longer the one where I uploaded the files originally.

So if any files are missing from the media folder, they will just not be packed not transferred, makes sense.

Doh!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft