Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nick 101 posts 123 karma points
    Aug 09, 2013 @ 11:59
    Nick

Courier completely irrational behaviour

Hi everyone

I need as much help as possible as this one is increidbly tricky!

Few days ago we deleted from the database some orphan nodes from umbraco node because of this.

After this, Courier went mental.

I'm using  Umbraco 4 latest version with Courier 2.7.8 nightly build v4

What happens now is

a) Courier packages hundreds of irrelevant files than the ones that we are couriering (even if couriering just one file)

b) On the target it randomly assigns different parent IDs to random nodes accross the site, completely unrelated to the ones we are couriering. As a result these nodes disappear from the content tree

Why would courier depend on orphan old deleted nodes and is there any way of fixing this mess ?
    If someone has an idea, please I want to hear it.. 

• Martin Griffiths 826 posts 1269 karma points c-trib
    Aug 13, 2013 @ 14:59
    Martin Griffiths

Hi Nick

Thats sounds like a total disaster I only wish this product was part of the rest of the open source effort. There would probably be some initial gaffaws and then a lot of mucking in (and out) to clean up this mess!

Per is probably the only who can help, and you know how often he pops up!

Sorry!

Martin.

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Aug 13, 2013 @ 15:54
    Per Ploug

If you've removed nodes directly in the database, and not using the APIs, then you need to clear out the /app_data/courier/cache folder, since courier and the generated revisions doesnt know your data has changed, so thats why all these id's appear, courier cant find them, but will try to complete data no matter what. 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft