Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Umbraco 137 posts 294 karma points
    Aug 13, 2013 @ 14:19
    Umbraco

What is the 'official' way to create a support ticket for Courier 2 licencees?

On the Courier 2 support page it says I can submit support tickets, but all I can find it the "Report an issue" form. I know we have a license for Courier 2, but I don't know what kind of support comes with that.

• Martin Griffiths 826 posts 1269 karma points c-trib
    Aug 13, 2013 @ 14:48
    Martin Griffiths

Hi Michiel

My experience of Courier 2 has been far from stellar!

Tickets! Hmm, moaning on the forum and praying the next build will actually work, is the process with Courier 2. http://nightly.umbraco.org/UmbracoCourier/

Feedback is slow/poor and Courier 2 hasnt been stable since it first appeared in August 2011!

If you look back through my previous post, http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/courier/41759-LOBBY-THE-UMBRACO-TEAM!!!-COURIER-IS-LETTING-UMBRACO-DOWN!!

You'll see the state of affairs.

We've reached the point where we are starting to discuss with marketing pulling our staging server and just running completely off of our live/production node. We will most likely keep code changes in check with uSync and just take regular database backups for the content.

So my advice to you is try uSync, because Courier 2 isn't reliable and I dont think it will be for some time yet!

M.

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Aug 13, 2013 @ 15:56
    Per Ploug

Hi Michiel

So to provide you an actual usefull reply, the courier helpdesk is here:
    http://umbraco.com/help-and-support/customer-area/courier-support-and-download/courier-helpdesk.aspx

it reports into our central helpdesk.

Aug 13, 2013 @ 16:54
    Martin Griffiths

Apologies Michiel,

I'm still rattled after an appalling test run of build 16 (2.7.8). Things have actually gone backwards, not forwards! Code regression is pretty unforgiveable this far down the road!

Yes indeed better to take the official route (rather than ranting publicly, like me!).

Good luck!

Martin.

Aug 13, 2013 @ 21:42
    Umbraco

@Per

Thanks! I don't think that page is linked anywhere except from the Courier 1 support/download page. Could you add a link to the Courier 2 support/download page as well?

Aug 13, 2013 @ 21:47
    Umbraco

@Martin

Thanks for suggesting uSync, I was not aware of it. 

Aug 15, 2013 @ 11:00
    Martin Griffiths

Hi Michiel

It depends on what you need, uSync turns a whole ton of things that would normally be confined to the database into files, which means you can source control the site a lot better than you could previously. So really its a great developers syncing tool. Stand by though, a content edition is in active developement too!

If you need a node to node (staging/production) transfer tool, more typically aimed at end-users, Courier is still the only choice. Personally I think Courier 2 is too complicated for your average end user, our marketing team got cold feet over "dependency levels". They just want a click and go option! We're keeping them on Courier 1.3 for now and openly discussing downgrading staging to a test server.

I hope this helps

Martin.

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Aug 20, 2013 @ 12:22
    Per Ploug

@michiel as far as I know, the support pages should automaticly be linked on the umbraco.com profile of the licensee

And as martin suggested usync could also be an option for you, all depends on needs, with that said Courier is in the middle of being transitioned to the core dev group so we can have a much tighter control over the data, and the UI, it is a longer process, but dedicated resources have been appointed and work is ongoing.

Aug 20, 2013 @ 15:42
    Martin Griffiths

HURRAH!

Aug 29, 2013 @ 17:52
    Umbraco

@Per: I have submitted a ticket about one week ago using the form on the page you suggested, but I haven't received an answer. Can you look into that please? Maybe the form isn't working...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft