Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Daniël Tulp 33 posts 64 karma points
    Aug 15, 2013 @ 13:48
    Daniël Tulp

Installing courier package on Umbraco website gives a Security Exception

When I click 'Install' in the package manager or use a locally downloaded zip file containing Courier to install, I get an error when the installation starts (after accepting the license and clicking install)

Server Error in '/' Application.
    Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy.  To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file. 

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

Source Error: 

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\f389ee11\84f49469\App_Web_installer.aspx.5d1c7564.u3jznnhm.0.cs    Line: 0 

Stack Trace: 

[SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.]
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.UnloadAppDomain() +37
       Umbraco.Courier.UI.Usercontrols.Installer.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +398
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
       System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +91
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +146
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +8431
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +253
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +78
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) +21
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +49
       ASP.umbraco_developer_packages_installer_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\f389ee11\84f49469\App_Web_installer.aspx.5d1c7564.u3jznnhm.0.cs:0
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +100
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Checking the folder permissions on the server using http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/files-and-folders/permissions/perform-permissions-check suggests that all is as it should be.

Any ideas?

Aug 16, 2013 @ 11:41
    Daniël Tulp

my website is running on a sql 2012 database, could that be the problem?

• Martin Griffiths 826 posts 1269 karma points c-trib
    Aug 16, 2013 @ 15:36
    Martin Griffiths

Hi Daniel

Courier will only work in "full trust" you'll need to change this in IIS7.x.

If you're running in a shared hosting environment, you'll need to find out if you can run applications in full trust and get the hosting provider to make the change for you.

I hope this helps

Martin

Aug 16, 2013 @ 15:39
    Martin Griffiths

I should add that while Umbraco itself is pretty good at running in medium trust, a significant number of third party packages still require full trust.

Aug 16, 2013 @ 15:42
    Daniël Tulp

Yeah it's on a shared host.

Does it say somewhere in the product requirements that Courier needs this kind of trustlevel? Could be that I mist it. I paid a considerable amount of money for this and am not happy now. Is there a refund policy that you know of?

Aug 16, 2013 @ 15:46
    Martin Griffiths

http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/umbraco-courier-2 - states in the package files at the bottom of the page that full trust is required.

Some shared hosting providers allow full trust, but you must always check first!

As I said, full trust is a common requirement in many third party packages, which is why it's good to seek out a shared hosting provider that will support full trust.

Do you need Courier for developer deployment or end-user staging to production transfer and have you much experience of Umbraco as a product?

Martin

Aug 16, 2013 @ 15:57
    Daniël Tulp

Martin, I do not have much experience with Umbraco, but in the last weeks I feel I'm catching up quickly.

I need it for deployment from development to staging and live version of our application.

Our host is also havind other issues, so I think we'll look for another host.

I just voted for your Courier thread. It saddens me that I bought a product that is so crappy in many ways.

Aug 16, 2013 @ 16:08
    Martin Griffiths

Daniel, I can tell you Umbraco and Contour are awesome products that are very reliable and well supported.

Have you tested Courier much locally? I'd be interested to know your experiences of Courier so far.

Are you running Courier 2.7.8 build 16 and Umbraco 6.1.3?

If you think you have found bugs the official place to post them is here...

http://umbraco.com/help-and-support/customer-area/courier-2-support-and-download/report-an-issue.aspx

I've been shot down, for moaning publicy and not filing bugs or issues the official way!

Martin.

Aug 16, 2013 @ 16:12
    Daniël Tulp

I have tested Courier locally and initially it seemed to work (did not do a full test, dumb of course) Now I did have a problem: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/courier/38275-Courier-25-Express-fails-on-deploy?p=1 I'll report the issue, thanks for the link.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft