Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andrew Potts 1 post 21 karma points
    Aug 16, 2013 @ 17:06
    Andrew Potts

Should my company buy courier?

Hello all,

We're running Umbraco where I work and I'm evaluating whether we use Courier to publish between Staging and Production.

But having read these forums and all of the problems raised within, I'm left with significant doubt whether the product is up to the job. What do you think? Obviously you're only likely to read the problems on a forum, but for the balance of opinion, has anyone had a good experience?

I'd like to at least hear of some good experiences before I convince my company to buy this product.

Thanks.

• Jerode 44 posts 159 karma points
    Aug 18, 2013 @ 16:50
    Jerode

Sorry I cannot offer a good experience yet. So far it has not been up to the job for me. Currently, a backup and restore of staging Umbraco database and republish entire site is the only thing reliable. I look forward to hearing other peoples opinions on this as well.

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Aug 20, 2013 @ 12:17
    Per Ploug

Hi Andrew

As the maintainer of Courier, I can only agree that Courier is not for every site out there and people see issues with it, which is natural given the complexity of an umbraco site. 

The best advice I can give you is to get the trial version, it works perfectly fine locally without a license, if you want to test it on a non-local setup let me know and I can generate a temporary license for you, so you have a chance to try it out without a license before purchasing. 

If you need a license or have any questions during the trial let me know on per @ umbraco.dk

/Per

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft