Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jey 7 posts 27 karma points
    Sep 06, 2013 @ 11:50
    Jey

Image folders are not moved with actual node

Umbraco version: umbraco v 4.9.1 (Assembly version: 1.0.4868.24492)

Courier version: Courier_2.7.8.11.v4

We are using the above version of umbraco and courier. The problem, we face is explained below.

Step 1: Created a node called "Offer" which has 2 image files. One is teaser image and another one is detailed image.

Step 2: Referred the teaser image from a sub folder of umbraco's media folder (Media -> [Offers folder] -> Teaser.jpg) (Media is referred a network path)

Step 3: Referred a detail image from the same sub folder of umbraco's media folder (Media -> [Offers folder] -> Detailed.jpg)

Step 4: Moved the "Offer" node from source environment to destination environment. 

Step 5: Checked the node "Offer" on destination environment. It is moved properly with all the child nodes of it. The Teaser.jpg and Detailed.jpg are moved to destination environment. But it is presented under "Media" folder itself not under the "Media -> [Offers folder]". Ie., Instead of "Media -> [Offers folder] -> Teaser.jpg" and "Media -> [Offers folder] -> Detailed.jpg", It is placed at  "Media -> Teaser.jpg" and "Media -> Detailed.jpg".

The expected result is , It has to be created a new folder called "Offers folder" under "Media" and place the image over there. But it is not placed like that. 

Can any one check the above scenario and tell me how to fix this ? Is there any way to set on the courier.config file to fulfill the above expectation?

• Nikolay Arhangelov 15 posts 34 karma points
    Oct 21, 2013 @ 13:42
    Nikolay Arhangelov

Hello,

I am facing a similar issue. I have a folder structure inside my Media section.

When I package and transfer the entire Media section to an empty Umbraco installation, the folder structure in Media loses its root folder and a lot of the nodes go to the root node.

I am using Umbraco 6.1.3 and Courier 2.7 (not sure of the exact version - the dll says 1.0.4937.27040).

• mscommunities 40 posts 95 karma points
    Feb 28, 2014 @ 09:21
    mscommunities

I have the same exact issue. I have tried changing the settings in the courier.config like this and it still did not work:

<mediaItemProvider>
         <!-- Changed to false in 2.1.1 -->
         <includeChildren>false</includeChildren>
         <includeParents>true</includeParents>
    </mediaItemProvider>

I think it has to do with the fact that these images are nested under a 'Folder' type. I tested this with images nested under other images and the parents were picked up as dependencies. 

We are on umbraco 4.11.8 and courier 2.7.8. 

Please help!!!

• mscommunities 40 posts 95 karma points
    Mar 04, 2014 @ 17:59
    mscommunities

This seems to be fixed with a nightly build, courier 2.7.8.35.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft