Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ryan Langton 13 posts 33 karma points
    Sep 13, 2013 @ 21:57
    Ryan Langton

Unable to install courier

I am unable to fully install Courier (Courier_2.7.8.15.v6)
    In umbraco, I go to Developer section -> Packages -> Install local packages.
    I click load and I get the screen to install Umbraco Courier for Umbraco 6.
    I accept license and install package.

I get an error with Castle.Core

Could not load file or assembly 'Castle.Core' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

I am currently using Castle.Core v3.2.  It appears courier uses Castle.Core v.2.5.1.
    These versions I believe are compatible, so I've added the following assembly redirect to my web.config:

<dependentAssembly>
                <assemblyIdentity name="Castle.Core" publicKeyToken="407dd0808d44fbdc" />
                <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-3.2.0.0" newVersion="3.2.0.0" />
            </dependentAssembly>

At this point I have to restart the site.  The site works, the package shows up under installed, but I do not have the Courier section.  I do have the courier context item in my menu, but when I try to deploy to my other environment (where I have the same problems installing), I get more errors.  I do not think the install is completing fully.

Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Ryan

• Ryan Langton 13 posts 33 karma points
    Sep 17, 2013 @ 16:18
    Ryan Langton

Got past this problem by downgrading the version of Castle in my app to 2.5.1

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft