Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Giovanni Sidoel 94 posts 233 karma points
    Oct 01, 2013 @ 18:02
    Giovanni Sidoel

Site with large number of nodes

We currently have a newssite running on umbraco. As you can imagine node counts quickly run up into the thousands over just a couple of months. Running beside this main website is an archive site. To preserve the performance of the main site (mainly the backoffice umbraco) we periodically copy over content nodes and media to the archive site using courier and then delete those nodes from the main site.

This is quite a laborious process, as the courier has trouble handling large amounts of nodes. We have a year-month-day-item content structure and ideally we would be able to select an entire month for transfer. But as it stands now we can only do around ten nodes a time.

Is there any way to tweak courier to be capabale of handling more nodes? Is our approach to this problem even the best way of handling this situation?

Help greatly appreciated.

PS: I've already dropped this question down at HQ. Still no word. They're probably on break.

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Oct 02, 2013 @ 13:20
    Per Ploug

Hi Giovanni, there should be a reply to your question in the helpdesk, if you did not receive it, ping me on per at umbraco.dk and I'll resend

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft