Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Zac 223 posts 575 karma points
    Oct 04, 2013 @ 15:55
    Zac

Error during packaging

Apologies if this is a standard repeat question, but I didn't find a clear solution.

Umbraco 6.1.4, latest courier 2.7.8.15:

error:System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> User: myAdminUsername could not be authenticated at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.OpenSession(String sessionKey) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.Package() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.manageTask(IRevisionTask value) 10/4/2013 1:45:19 PM

I'm trying to deploy a data type. This is the first time I'm using the package, as prior to 2.7.8.15 the software didn't work at all (due to the license bug).

My courier.config looks like this:

<repository name="Company Live" alias="companyLive" type="CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider" visible="true">
      <url>http://www.company.co.uk</url>;
      <login>myAdminUsername</login>
      <password>myPassword</password>
      <passwordEncoding>Clear</passwordEncoding>
    </repository>

<repository name="Company Stage" alias="companyStage" type="CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider" visible="true">
      <url>http://stage.company.co.uk</url>;
      <login>myAdminUsername</login>
      <password>myPassword</password>
      <passwordEncoding>Clear</passwordEncoding>
    </repository>

I initially tried to use <userId>0</userId> but this also didn't work, giving this error:

error:System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: The string which needs to be encrypted can not be null. at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Helpers.Encryption.Encrypt(String originalString) at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.getloginAndPass(Int32 userId, String& login, String& pass) at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.OpenSession(String sessionKey) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.Package() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.manageTask(IRevisionTask value) 10/4/2013 1:52:09 PM

Note that I don't actually have a user with Id 0, only 1. I'm assuming that user ID 0 is like, system? I also tried with userId 1 but that gave the same error.

I'm assuming I've set something up wrong? Both sites using same version of umbraco, using standard membership.

Oct 10, 2013 @ 10:48
    Zac

Hello?

• Marc Goodson 2148 posts 14353 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Oct 10, 2013 @ 17:26
    Marc Goodson

The passwordEncoding relates to how the target umbraco site stores passwords, out of the box now I think these are hashed, so I'd try setting <passwordEncoding>Hashed</passwordEncoding> instead of clear

with regard to the user setting, this needs to be a valid administrator user on the target system, you can either specify the id of that user using

<user>0</user>

nb NOT <userId>0</userId>

and yes 0 is the id of the admin user you specify when you first setup umbraco

or alternatively you do not have to specify the id of the user, you can instead provide

loginname & password & encoding 

so if you've opted for the loginname and password combination, and you've tried Hashed for the encoding,

I'd suggest maybe just checking you can login to the umbraco backend of the target umbraco with that username and password and verify they are setup as an adminstrative user...... 

Oct 10, 2013 @ 17:41
    Zac

Thanks for the reply.

Just to clarify:

and yes 0 is the id of the admin user you specify when you first setup umbraco

I think what's happened here is I must have deleted the original user that was set up, as I don't have a user 0.

I shall try using <user>1</user> then (helpful that the comments in the config file are wrong, isn't it?!)

• Marc Goodson 2148 posts 14353 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Oct 10, 2013 @ 18:32
    Marc Goodson

Yeah, you probably don't want to delete the admin user 0 :-), but it should be ok with either specifying the id of your new admin user or just the LoginName, Password and PasswordEncoding (set to Hashed) combination.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft