Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Warren Harding 132 posts 275 karma points
    Oct 11, 2013 @ 05:34
    Warren Harding

Installation Issues - Umbraco Exception (DataLayer)

Hi there, hoping someone can assist us with gettign Courier to work... 

Environments: Windows 2012 Server, MySQL 5.12.14, Umbraco 6.1.2 and then 6.1.4.
    Umbraco is installed as a fresh, blank copy - no content.

Installing as a package from the Pro repo, we get the following error:

umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelperException: Umbraco Exception (DataLayer): SQL helper exception in ExecuteNonQuery ---> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'IF NOT EXISTS (SELECT * FROM SYS.OBJECTS WHERE OBJECT_ID = OBJECT_ID(N'[dbo].[UC' at line 1 at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.ReadPacket() at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.GetResult(Int32& affectedRow, Int64& insertedId) at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.GetResult(Int32 statementId, Int32& affectedRows, Int64& insertedId) at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.NextResult(Int32 statementId, Boolean force) at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult() at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(MySqlConnection connection, String commandText, MySqlParameter[] commandParameters) at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(String connectionString, String commandText, MySqlParameter[] parms) at umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelpers.MySql.MySqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(String commandText, MySqlParameter[] parameters) at umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteNonQuery(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteNonQuery(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters) at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Application.InstallHelper.InstallDatabase() at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Usercontrols.Installer.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Have then cleared the Courier cache directory, and installed from the Nightly builds: Courier_2.7.8.15.v6.zip, Courier_2.7.8.16.v6.zip and Courier_2.7.8.17.v6.zip - same error.

We tried to ignore the error and see if it would work by adding one image to media and deploying it, but this threw the error: error:Umbraco.Courier.Core.Exceptions.PackageException: Unable to load item with id 'Image' from provider 'Media types', which I'm assuming is related.

Any dieas guys? Can paste additional debug info if required.

Thank you

• Warren Harding 132 posts 275 karma points
    Oct 15, 2013 @ 05:26
    Warren Harding

Anyone?

• gerardo 3 posts 23 karma points
    Oct 15, 2013 @ 20:23
    gerardo

Hi, I had (still have) installation issues with courier 2 and i need to install and demo it locally before buying the express license for our customer-facing environments. 

I tried every thing, every combination, that I could think of on cms versions 6.1.4 and 6.2.0 using the umbraco interface to get the plugin through the umbraco repository, also uploading the zip file using the interface, also installing the plugin manually and applying the hotfixes. seems like i have already spent way too much time trying to get it to work after getting the latest available on a clean-install and getting the pluggin thought the repository didn't work. I tried some downloads from nightly.umbraco.org/umbracocourier/2.7.8, too. I'm using Umbraco against MS-SQL 2012 and also the SQL-CE clean-install. also the MVC version. 

Is there a fail-safe way to install this courier2 plugin?

here is some stuff i copied and pasted that i hope someone can help me with and i will probably come back to edit this post. 

======================
    {"An invalid or incomplete configuration was used while creating a SessionFactory. Check PotentialReasons collection, and InnerException for more detail.\r\n\r\n"}

======================
    Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.ReflectionPermission, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed
    ======================
    at FluentNHibernate.Cfg.FluentConfiguration.BuildSessionFactory()
       at Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.V6.NHibernate.NHibernateProvider.GetMSSqlCESessionFactory(String connectionString) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\650bafc4b83aa858\Core\Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.V6.NHibernate\NHibernate.cs:line 309
       at Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.V6.NHibernate.NHibernateProvider.CreateSessionFactory(ConnectionStringSettings conn) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\650bafc4b83aa858\Core\Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.V6.NHibernate\NHibernate.cs:line 262
       at Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.V6.NHibernate.NHibernateProvider.onAppStart() in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\650bafc4b83aa858\Core\Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.V6.NHibernate\NHibernate.cs:line 54
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ProviderCollection`1.registerProviders(IEnumerable`1 types)
    thanks and cheers!! 
    G-
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft