Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thaler 8 posts 28 karma points
    Oct 22, 2013 @ 14:34
    Thaler

Courier license

We are looking at having Umbraco in Azure with possibly multiple domains similar to shown in this tutorial:

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/584908/Umbrazure-Limitless-Websites-with-Umbraco-on-Azure

This is more than the three domains allowed (local, staging, production) but all administered in one backend. The FAQ says:

Also, if you only administer your site on a single domain, you do not need to license each website domain.

We would need a separate domain license for each of these domains, is that correct? Or since they are all administered together they wouldn't need a separate license? 

Another question is if we have subdomains that also have friendly domain aliases would Courier work? The sites are all abc.domain.com, xyz.domain.com but abc.com and xyz.com point to the subdomains.

Thanks.

http://umbraco.com/help-and-support/customer-area/courier-support-and-download/license-questions.aspx

• Comment author was deleted

Oct 22, 2013 @ 14:55

Hey in that case a single license should work :) when you setup a license you get 3 domains (live,staging,dev) that you can configure, if you need more domains for a single umbraco instance you can add additional ones to an existing license

• Thaler 8 posts 28 karma points
    Oct 22, 2013 @ 23:27
    Thaler

Thank you for your fast reply, Tim!

• Zac 223 posts 575 karma points
    Oct 25, 2013 @ 17:11
    Zac

I'm having issues with the dev / stage / live licenses.

Now, I'm not sure what domains I set up when I created the license, and can't find any way to review them.

I think a mistake might have been made, any ideas? As is, we can't use a sub-domain for a staging site (although the dev and live are ok)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft