Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• noahs 5 posts 24 karma points
    Jan 16, 2014 @ 17:12
    noahs

Unable to successfully transfer media images...PLEASE HELP :(

Good Morning!

I'm experiencing an error when transferring media images from one environment to the other. The courier dialog is showing that the image is packaged, transferred, and extracted successfully. The image is listed in the media folder of the destination after the transfer, but if I try to insert it into a document using the TinyMCE 'insert image', it's just showing as a broken link which leads me to believe either (1) the actual image was not transferred, or (2) the file path was not updated for the new location in the destination. Is there anywhere else I can look or reconfigure in order to get media images to transfer with the documents without breaking?

I am using Umbraco 6.1.3 and Courier 2.5

My App_Data/courier/logs/log_Error.txt of the starting environment is showing the following error:

16/01/2014 10:40:38; logging media picker packagign Document Help Property Data
    16/01/2014 10:40:38; System.Xml.XmlException: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseRootLevelWhitespace()
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
       at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
       at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
       at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml)
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Helpers.XmlDependencies.ReplaceIds(String xml, String xPath, String attribute, IdentifierReplaceDirection direction, List`1& replacedIds)xml: 7071eb82-a01f-4a83-8d78-fa241bb0ae63,6a494ad0-2fef-47e7-85fb-e4fea4a9b07b,9ee6ea87-0acd-4f57-a231-fc0c326a5043,78958b43-8a26-4870-a3d0-46209cc44544,84e8ea69-16b4-441b-b8c1-b881f145410d,32c72f10-0e8d-45cb-8feb-fb729d051605,d848070b-5dd3-4b9a-b59d-d31fff242edd

Is there anywhere else I can look or reconfigure in order to get media images to transfer with the documents without breaking?

Thanks in advance :)

• noahs 5 posts 24 karma points
    Feb 10, 2014 @ 21:58
    noahs

Does anyone have any idea why this could be happening? We've put in a ticket with the the help desk and even upgraded our Courier to 2.7.8.36, but we are still experiencing this issue. 

We're no longer seeing the error in the logs, but the images are still not tranferring. They are showing up in the Media folder of the target environment, but looking in the Media folder on the server the images are not there.

Can anyone help please?

• Julio M. Vivas 57 posts 107 karma points
    Feb 27, 2014 @ 18:19
    Julio M. Vivas

Hi Noah

If you are inserting images using TinyMCE and the image is being resized (either using the handles or when the image exceeds the maximum width specfied on the RTE datatype) this will add a "rel" attribute to the IMG tag which will tell Umbraco to generate a matching "resized" version. This version will not be generated on the target server after a Courier transfer.

The workarounds for this I'm aware of include:

• Avoid resizing using the RTE field.
    • Edit the source page HTML after inserting the image and remove the "rel" attribute. Courier this and the resized image will be fine on the target page. However, every time the page is edited on the source site you'll need to do the same.
    • Go to Umbraco on the live server and re-publish the affected page
    • If none of these are feasible, then your only choice is to edit tinyMceConfig.config list of validElements and remove "rel" from th img block. This is absolutely undocumented and unpredictable but it might help.
    Good luck
    J
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft