Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Laurence Gillian 600 posts 1219 karma points
    Feb 26, 2014 @ 13:19
    Laurence Gillian

Courier deployment failing silently.

Hello Cosmic Voyagers,

Courier is telling our content editors that the content deployment is successful.

But nothing gets created - however all the logs indicate a successful deployment.

I've manual checked the sites for any potential differences, but cannot see any. Wondered if anyone had seen this before, I'm a bit hesitant to sink a load more time into debugging another Courier issue.

No fancy datatypes on this one, all out of the box, best practices stuff.

It is not possible to courier anything, but everything gives a glowing green success message.

Peace out! Laurence

Courier - Extraction Complete

Umb 4.11.8, Courier 2.7.8.19

• Julio M. Vivas 57 posts 107 karma points
    Feb 27, 2014 @ 18:51
    Julio M. Vivas

Hi Laurence

What I'm seeing on U 4.11.10 / C 2.7.8.15 is an intermittent PageSystem.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException (see below). After that, the affected page refuses to show the updates on subsequent Courier transfers, although subsequent deployment messages are supposed to be successful. It also starts afecting sorting on the production site so basically users have to use "/umbraco/dialogs/republish.aspx?xml=true" after each deployment until they give up and we "re-sync" by replacing production with a copy of staging.

I'm about to start applying the patches from .16 to .36 to see if this can be prevented.

Extracting PGE Test PageSystem.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> NHibernate.TransactionException: Transaction not connected, or was disconnected at NHibernate.Transaction.AdoTransaction.CheckNotZombied() at NHibernate.Transaction.AdoTransaction.Rollback() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.Rollback(String sessionKey) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.Extract() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Tasks.ExtractionTask.Run() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.manageTask(IRevisionTask value) 2/27/2014 11:13:01 AM
  • Mukesh 30 posts 60 karma points
    Jun 12, 2015 @ 13:17
    Mukesh

i m facing same issue.. could you let me know how it is going to resolve

Thanks.

• Julio M. Vivas 57 posts 107 karma points
    Jun 15, 2015 @ 14:04
    Julio M. Vivas

Hi Mukesh

After updating to 2.7.8.43 (the last version available for V4), the SoapException went away but we still get regular NHibernate exceptions and the odd item that doesn't want to transfer properly. However, our approach at this point is to get V4 sites moved over to V7 (as long as the amount of tinkering and recoding makes sense) where Courier seems to be behaving slightly better, although it depends on so may things we can't be sure it'll work on all scenarios. But as long as there is a workaround...

Good luck with your implementation and don't forget to look at https://github.com/umbraco/Courier/blob/master/Documentation/CommonIssues.md

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft