Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Monika Parekh 2 posts 22 karma points
    May 15, 2014 @ 12:08
    Monika Parekh

How to deploy through Courier?

Hello,

I have installed courier 2 in my umbraco 7.1. Also I have completed my website on umbraco. Now I need to deploy site on staging server. Should I use Courier? Or what steps are needed if I want to deploy site on IIS server?

Any type of help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    May 15, 2014 @ 12:51
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Monika and welcome to Our,

I don´t think that Courier is supports Umbraco 7 yet. But Jeroen Breuer is talking about that the Umbraco as a service uses Courier and supports Umbraco 7, and he thinks that maybe there will be an update when Umbraco as a service are released.

In the meantime while Umbraco as a service has not been released, it might be an idea to look at the uSync package developed by Kevin Jump

I haven´t had the chance to test and work with the uSync myself, but hope this maybe could be a solution for you.

/Dennis

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 15, 2014 @ 13:20
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Monika, welcome to our :)

I'd just like to mention umport as well, which can do the same stuff as usync plus a bit more.

/Jan

May 15, 2014 @ 13:24
    Dennis Aaen

Hi again, just want to add some more,

I can see from the nightly.umbraco.org, that there is a version of Courier for Umbraco 7, but as I see it the version is not officiel yet, if you look at the space for Courier on our there is no download for version 7. http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/umbraco-courier-2

You could try to install the version on a development environment or a black installation to see how it react, and remember to take backup if you choose this way.

You can read about nightly-builds here: http://umbraco.com/download/nightly-builds.aspx

But since it´s not officiel yet, if I was you I would see if the uSync package could solve the needs you have for now. And then when the Courier is ready for Umbraco 7, then you could test it.

That just my throughs on how you could tackle it for now.

Hope it can help you.

/Dennis

• Monika Parekh 2 posts 22 karma points
    May 15, 2014 @ 13:50
    Monika Parekh

Hello Dennis,

Thank you so much for the support. If I have to use uSync , then  I need some detailed tutorials on uSync as I am new to umbraco. Can you help me out for this?

• Martin Griffiths 826 posts 1269 karma points c-trib
    May 15, 2014 @ 15:20
    Martin Griffiths

Hi Monika

Do you need to deploy content too? Courier is designed to deploy content too although i've not found Courier to be reliable at deploying content or site structure.

uSync is pretty simple to use. It will create a uSync folder when you start up Umbraco and export everything into a set of folders and XML files. You can change how it reacts to changes using the .config file it creates in the configs folder. There's also a dashboard for manually exporting and importing. Simply copy the uSync folder to your production build and install uSync and you can then import the files.

You can also download uSync.ContentEdition, but it still requires a bit more development to fully support all of the built-in propertytypes (datatypes).

Martin

May 15, 2014 @ 15:37
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Monika,

Here is a video http://uhangout.co.uk/video/gQ6WI1YHeNk from uHangout where Kevin explain how uSync works, I just saw something of the video, and he also mentions the uSyn ccontent edition.

http://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/usynccontentedition

I hope this video can help you to understand how uSync is working.

/Dennis

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft