Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simon Dingley 1470 posts 3427 karma points c-trib
    Jun 02, 2014 @ 09:35
    Simon Dingley

Transferring Content from Staging/Production to Local with Courier

I never had any real success with Courier but I do finally now have a working install that I have put to some limited use. I am currently struggling to understand how I can pull remote content into a local development environment. I get that you can create a new revision on the remote server however there is nothing to allow me to select any content nodes to put in the revision.

If you attempt to transfer a node (and it's children) from the content tree you have to select a target which won't work as my local environment is not exposed externally. It needs to be a pull action from the local environment and not a push action from the remote. The only likely candidate for achieving this is to select "Property Data" from the Revision Content options however that just loads an empty screen so no success there.

How do others achieve this?

• Phani 21 posts 70 karma points
    Jun 02, 2014 @ 12:08
    Phani

HI, we have couple of servers(staging and master) with Umbraco 6.2.0 sites.

when we right click on Node UI, we're getting change document type property and its okay as it is 6.2.0 site. After we configure courier, I'm getting "courier" in place of "Change document type" and every thing is working fine for courier.

But after a day, when I'm trying to transfer any thing from staging to master, its giving error as "Object reference not set to an instance of object". Now I found that Locations tab in courier section is empty and on node UI, I'm getting "change document type" instead of "courier"

Any suggestions on this?

• Simon Dingley 1470 posts 3427 karma points c-trib
    Jun 02, 2014 @ 13:21
    Simon Dingley

@Phani, please can your post your issue in a separate thread as it is unrelated to the issue I posted about.

Thanks

• Phani 21 posts 70 karma points
    Jun 06, 2014 @ 13:06
    Phani

sorry @simon, I'll post it in a separate thread

• Maneesh 13 posts 33 karma points
    Jun 01, 2015 @ 06:57
    Maneesh

Hi All,

I have the problem with umbraco courier.Whenever i transfer any media file like pdf,doc,xls(except image files .gif,.png,.jpeg) from staging to live(destination environment), it doesnot transferring the media files.That means, the content nodes are getting transferred, but the files like pdf,doc,xls included with in that page is not getting transferred.

But there is not having an issue with image files as I mentioned above.

The umbraco version Using is : 4.0.2.1

The courier vesion using is : 1.3

Could anyone please suggest an idea about why this is happening?

Also, please suggest the solution for fixing the same.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft