Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• chris cameron 36 posts 56 karma points
    Dec 08, 2009 @ 01:39
    chris cameron

license terms

Could i get some clarification please. Courier sounds like exactly what we need and i am considering upgrading our existing umbraco site to Pro. We have a lot of double handling between dev box and live box which Courier sounds like it will eliminate.

Do you have to purchase two Pro licenses one for your dev area and one for your live?? Or does one license service both areas.

Our dev area is not accessible to the internet and it behind a firewall. Therefore it has no domain name associated with it. Does this cause problems with transferring to live box?

• Chris Houston 535 posts 980 karma points MVP admin c-trib
    Dec 08, 2009 @ 02:13
    Chris Houston

Hi Chris,

I use courier so can answer your questions :)

1) You only need one license per domain.

2) Obviously if your dev site is inaccessible from the outside world Courier will not be able to push data from your live server to your development box, you might wish to re-think this as it's very useful being able to sync data back from Live to Dev (or stage) for testing purposes.

3) If you are looking just to push content from Dev to Live you will need to setup your local development box with the same domain or a local domain, i.e. either of the following will work:

http://dev.Yourdomain.com ; ( I've not tested it.. but this will probably work with the server setup to use this and for you to configure your machine to connect to that domain setting the IP and domain name in your HOST files, the normal option would be that this is an accessible live URL )

Or..

http://yourdomain.com.local ( Again you can set your local host files to point to this domain, this is how I have all my local sites configured since I started using Courier, and I have dev.yourdomain.com and stage.yourdomain.com for externally accessed sites on a development box, all of which can be made to transfer data using the same license.)

Cheers,

Chris

• chris cameron 36 posts 56 karma points
    Dec 08, 2009 @ 02:47
    chris cameron

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft