Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ayo Adesina 430 posts 1023 karma points
    Nov 19, 2014 @ 11:41
    Ayo Adesina

Courier Build for - Umbraco v6.2.4

I have just finished an umbraco project and want to install Courier.

How ever I am a bit confused about which version of Courier I should Install.

I am using Umbraco v6.2.4 (Assembly version: 1.0.5394.15649)

But on the Courier package page > http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/umbraco-courier-2

This is what I can see under the compatibility.

7.1.x (0%)

7.0.x (0%)

6.2.x (0%)

6.1.x (100%)

6.0.x (untested)

4.11.x (100%)

4.10.0 (untested)

4.9.1 (untested)

4.9.0 (100%)

Does this mean that it will not work at all with the LATEST VERSION of umbraco? If so How can I change my v6.2.4 umbraco down to 6.1.x (I used nuget to install it)

I have already finished my umbraco project, content done etc... I really don't want to have to start again.

Any ideas?

• Martin Griffiths 826 posts 1269 karma points c-trib
    Nov 20, 2014 @ 10:44
    Martin Griffiths

Hi Ayo

The page has been updated very recently. There are seperate versions for (4.x, 6.x) and 7.x.

I have been on a long road with Courier, and it's been a depressingly unstable product until very, very, recently.

As far as I know (unless the dev. team say otherwise) the lessons learned in Umbraco as a service only exist in the U7 version of Courier. I'm not aware of any code being backported to the Courier versions for Umbraco 4 and 6. So you may find, Courier continues to be as frustratingly awful as it has always been unless you move to Umbraco 7.

On the upside, I've found Courier for Umbraco 7 has finally turned the corner and works very well!

Kind regards

Martin

• Martin Griffiths 826 posts 1269 karma points c-trib
    Nov 20, 2014 @ 10:46
    Martin Griffiths

Ayo it's worth adding that if your project started in Umbraco 6.2 it should be pretty easy to upgrade to Umbraco 7 as long as you havent loaded up a heap of package extensions and used a ton of old APIs.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft