Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• karen 186 posts 461 karma points
    Dec 16, 2009 @ 18:22
    karen

Trying to set up a test

I have an umbraco site set up on my test server, and have a line in my hosts file to resolve that (because it isn't a live domain anyway) -  umbracotest.mysite.com (where mysite.com = my pro license domain)

That works just fine when I open it in my browser (get the umbraco page that is running on that server).

I have an umbraco set up on my localhost (dev) environment.  My test is to transfer the site from localhost to test server.

I have added the courier package to both sites and put the license file in the /bin directory on both sites.

I have changed the localhost courier.config file to have: <server addToContextMenu="true" alias="integration">umbracotest.mysite.com</server>

Now when I try to 'transfer to integration', I get a message saying my license is not valid.

I have not made any changes to the courier.config on the destination site (do I need to?)

Thanks,

Karen

Dec 18, 2009 @ 16:38
    karen

No one has suggestions?

Dec 29, 2009 @ 15:30
    karen

Well I will have to say my license doesn't seem to be working but I don't see how I can fix it or where do I get help on this.

Any help is very appreciated.

• Comment author was deleted

Dec 29, 2009 @ 15:42

Hi Karen,

In your localhost config file you'll have to add the url of the destination site.

I'll contact you by email to check the license (if it doesn't work on the domain you setup).

Regards,
    Tim

Dec 29, 2009 @ 16:28
    karen

I found this post that was helpful:  http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/courier/5733-license-terms

I see now that I have to add an entry in my hosts file for localhost (already had the destination set up). 

I added:

127.0.0.1    localhost.mysite.com

and now no longer a license error.

However I am getting another error which I will create a new post for.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft