Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dave S 13 posts 77 karma points
    Dec 15, 2014 @ 11:38
    Dave S

Courier 2.1 won't deploy dlls and partial views in Umbraco 7.1.4

We've recently install the full version of courier and updated some partial views and a view model class that holds data for a contact form in Umbraco 7.1.4 (some custom code one of our templates is dependent on). When we come to deploy the site from our test environment to live and do a compare and install, courier just reports that no changes have been found. I've included the files and folders section in courier and I can select the required dlls and partial views but still no luck (even though I’ve remoted on the live machine and the files are definitely different). I've found if I build the package then add the files a number of times, sometimes this seems to work and the compare and install discovers some differences and then goes ahead with the install.

Is there something i'm not doing correctly?

• Paul Sterling 718 posts 1534 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Dec 16, 2014 @ 01:36
    Paul Sterling

@Dave 

Make sure you're using the version of Courier for v7 http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/umbraco-courier-2

Even with the correct version however, this is a known issue with a simple workaround - Courier does not detect Partial Views currently when not used via Umbraco as a Service.  Courier does detect Macro Partial Views that are referenced from a Macro, but not straight MVC Partial Views.  The recommendation is to add any Partial Views as "files" when you are deploying with Courier.  

If you are running with Umbraco as a Servivce and Partial Views aren't deploying, could you let us know via that support channel?

Dec 16, 2014 @ 09:57
    Dave S

Hi Paul, thanks for the quick response. I'll have a try of the solution you've suggested and post back here.

• Ashford Borough Council Dev Team 25 posts 158 karma points
    Apr 20, 2015 @ 12:03
    Ashford Borough Council Dev Team

Hi Paul,
    Having recently installed the latest Courier package form v7 (we are running 7.2.2) I note that partial views are still not being processed by the packaging prcoess.
    Your suggested workaround to include partials as 'files' does not work for us as no files are listed when we select this channel.
    Could you please advise when a proper fix for this issue will be available.

Apr 20, 2015 @ 19:57
    Paul Sterling

@ABC

Are you saying that no files are displayed in the tree in the courier deploy dialog?  In that case I'd suspect permissions as the tree should list all files.  

It's a feature request we have pending still...

• Alejandro 23 posts 45 karma points
    Apr 28, 2015 @ 19:23
    Alejandro

@Paul

Hi Paul, how are you?

I'm having the same issue as ABC. I have all permisions for my user and using Files doesn't display anything.

Any ideas on how to solve that? Or at least diagnose as to why the dialog doesn't display anything?

Thanks. 

Apr 28, 2015 @ 20:56
    Paul Sterling

@Alejandro

If you see no folders in the right-click deploy as below it's likely a permissions issue

If you are editing a revision and see no file (or folders) it's likely due to your config not being complete.

You need to add the appropriate file and/or folder to courier.config

<fileItemProvider>
      <folder>~/views</folder>
    </fileItemProvider>

With than and ap app restart you should see the folders as configured

Feb 23, 2016 @ 11:01
    Dave S

Thanks @paul this solved my problem as well.

• Alejandro 23 posts 45 karma points
    Apr 29, 2015 @ 22:32
    Alejandro

Thank you @Paul, that did it.

I was missing the fileItemProvider.

Thanks a lot!

• Ashford Borough Council Dev Team 25 posts 158 karma points
    Apr 30, 2015 @ 11:34
    Ashford Borough Council Dev Team

Thanks Paul. I can also confirm that I was missing the fileItemProvider. Problem now resolved and a satisfactory workaround for packaging Partial Views.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft