Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jonas 9 posts 29 karma points
    Dec 28, 2009 @ 17:11
    Jonas

No pop-up menu in back end after trying Courier

Hi,

I just encountered the following problem (I run Umbraco v 3 on a windows 2003 server with iis 6.):

While logged in as admin in the umbraco's back-end I suddenly can't access the pop-up menu when I right clicking on content. Instead I only get the standard options from the web-browsers ("open link" etc.) and the following error when loading page:

Line: 47
    Char: 1
    Code: 0
    URI: http://xxx.net/umbraco/TreeInit.aspx

Line: 1
    Char: 1
    Code: 0
    URI: http://xxx.net/umbraco/TreeInit.aspx

Any thoughts on whats wrong, and how I fix it?

Some details:

The problem occurred after trying (unsuccessfully) to transfer content with Courier in Umbraco Pro to this server (from another umbraco server).Don't know if it is related.

At firs,t transferring content with Courier apparently worked, resulting in the following message (but without content actually being transfered):

The document has been transfered to the 'testservern' environment. Remember to login to the staging environment and publish it if necessary

Details:

* 1, System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'umbraco.BusinessLogic.User[] umbraco.BusinessLogic.User.getAllByLoginName(System.String)'. at Umbraco.Courier.BusinessLogic.Messengers.Helpers.CMSNodeHelper.GetUser(Int32 id, String loginName, Boolean revertToMasterUser) at Umbraco.Courier.BusinessLogic.Messengers.Content.ContentMessenger.Extract(List`1 packages, User u)

On a later try however, the following error was produced when trying to transfer content with courier:

Server Error in '/' Application.

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      at Umbraco.Courier.BusinessLogic.Settings.Security.get_AllowedClientIps()
      at Umbraco.Courier.BusinessLogic.Settings.Security.get_AllowAllClients()
      at Umbraco.Courier.BusinessLogic.Security.Security.AuthorizeIp(String hostAddress)
      at Umbraco.Courier.Webservices.Helper.AuthorizeClient()
      at Umbraco.Courier.Webservices.Helper.AuthorizeClient(String login, String password)
      at Umbraco.Courier.Webservices.Messenger.ValidateDependency(String dependencyKey, Object validationObject, String login, String password)
      --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      at Umbraco.Courier.BusinessLogic.Security.Security.AuthorizeIp(String hostAddress)
      at Umbraco.Courier.Webservices.Helper.AuthorizeClient(String login, String password)
      at Umbraco.Courier.Webservices.Messenger.ValidateDependency(String dependencyKey, Object validationObject, String login, String password)
      --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---]
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) +431766
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) +204
    Umbraco.Courier.CourierMessengerService.Messenger.ValidateDependency(String dependencyKey, Object validationObject, String login, String password) +155
    Umbraco.Courier.BusinessLogic.Proxy.Messenger.ValidateDependency(String dependencyKey, Object validationObject, String& errorMessage, String login, String password) +300
    Umbraco.Courier.BusinessLogic.Messengers.Content.ContentMessenger.Validate(Object id, Object parentId, String& errorMessage, User u) +527
    Umbraco.Courier.Dialogs.TransferNode.a(Int32 b, Boolean b, String& b) +977
    Umbraco.Courier.Dialogs.TransferNode.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +2721
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
    System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
    umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +12
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627

• Chris Houston 535 posts 980 karma points MVP admin c-trib
    Dec 28, 2009 @ 17:42
    Chris Houston

Hi Jonas,

I have moved this ticket to the Courier section as you are receiving errors with Courier it seems likely that your current issue is also related. I'm affraid I don't have any ideas why Courier is not working for you, but I think it would be a good idea to get to the bottom of that before looking at the context menu issue.

I think the menu issue will be because of corrupt data in one of your nodes.

Cheers,

Chris

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft