Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• karen 186 posts 461 karma points
    Dec 29, 2009 @ 16:38
    karen

Error trying to transfer using courier

I created a new instance of an umbraco website on my destination server.  Just ran through the install screens and logged in, there is no content, templates etc or anything thing.  I only installed this courier package: 'Umbraco_Courier_1_1_1_for_umbraco4.zip'.

In my source server, I right click on the page 'index' which I created as my base page and selected 'transfer to integration'.

A popup titled 'Courier - Transfer Node' and I check the checkbox to Transfer all children and click the 'transfer' button.

I get this error:

No node exists with id '1058' body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;} p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px} b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px} H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red } H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon } pre {font-family:"Lucida Console";font-size: .9em} .marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;} .version {color: gray;} .error {margin-bottom: 10px;} .expandable { text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; color:navy; cursor:hand; }

Server Error in '/' Application.

No node exists with id '1058'

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: No node exists with id '1058'

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: No node exists with id '1058']
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.CMSNode.setupNode() +459
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.DocumentType.ToXml(XmlDocument xd) +729
       Umbraco.Courier.BusinessLogic.Messengers.Content.Content2DocType.PrepareValidationDependencies(Object parent, String& errorMessage) +277
       Umbraco.Courier.BusinessLogic.Messengers.Content.ContentMessenger.Validate(Object id, Object parentId, String& errorMessage, User u) +400
       Umbraco.Courier.Dialogs.TransferNode.a(Int32 b, Boolean b, String& b) +977
       Umbraco.Courier.Dialogs.TransferNode.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1266
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
       System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
       umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +15
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3603; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082

• Chris Gaskell 59 posts 142 karma points
    May 11, 2010 @ 11:49
    Chris Gaskell

Hey,

I get the same thing but only on certain parts of the content tree.

Has anyone else ever had this?

Thanks,

Chris.

• Chris Gaskell 59 posts 142 karma points
    May 13, 2010 @ 17:56
    Chris Gaskell

Here's my solution:

I tried everything I thought obvious and eventually ran out of options.

So I ran a SQL script that searched the whole Umbraco database looking for the id '1267'.
    A couple of results where returned but the only one of any significance belonged to the ‘AllowedId’ column in the cmsContentTypeAllowedContentType table.

This ‘AllowedId’ had an ‘Id’ of 1287 which was the umbracoNode I couldn’t publish. There was nothing else in the node or template tables relating to 1267 so I could only presume this was an oprhaned piece of data.

I removed the row from the cmsContentTypeAllowedContentType table and courier is now working fine again.

Thanks.

• ilya 3 posts 23 karma points
    Jun 17, 2010 @ 16:06
    ilya

I've seen such message when there were page template was absent on target server.

Adding the template has fixed the problem.

• ilya 3 posts 23 karma points
    Jun 19, 2010 @ 14:02
    ilya

More exactly it happens if you have template assigned to a content page, but this template was deleted in Umbraco.

You will see "Choose template" in drop-down, like template was not assigned, but XML in DB will have template ID assigned, Courier does not handle this properly.

• Lee Hester 3 posts 23 karma points
    Aug 18, 2010 @ 20:22
    Lee Hester

I just wanted to add that I had the same problem, but in my case, the content node I was trying to transfer was a custom document type that did not have a template associated with it.  I was using XSLT on another page to pull this content in programatically, and therefore didn't have a template associated with the node.  The fix for me was to edit the document type to specify an "allowed" template, and make it the default template.  This content will never be rendered using that template, but the association seems to allow Courier to do it's thing.

EDIT: Also, thanks guys :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft