Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Snehal Thube 21 posts 63 karma points
    Feb 18, 2015 @ 11:21
    Snehal Thube

Packaging your items - and it's stucked for more than 15 minutes

I am trying to upload parent node with almost more than 50 child nodes with quite of information, but when I try to transfer entire bunch using courier from server 1 to server 2 its stucked for almost more than 15 minutes.

I closed the popup and then published one item at a time and it worked fine, but this is quite tedious task when you have lots of content to be published on production environment.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Snehal

• Paul Sterling 718 posts 1534 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Feb 20, 2015 @ 09:20
    Paul Sterling

@Snehal

You can generally tell if Courier is still executing a deployment by checking the /app_data/courier/logs/* and see if the logs are being updated (for v6).  For v7 you can check the /app_data/logs/couriertracelog.txt file for the same.

It would be unusual for Courier to be "stuck" but possible that something had timed out - possibly related to your earlier post where the sql connection was closed by the first deployment so not available for the next one?

• Snehal Thube 21 posts 63 karma points
    Feb 23, 2015 @ 10:47
    Snehal Thube

Thanks Paul, for your quick response on this.

I will go ahead and check this further and let you know

Thanks again!!

• Daniel Meltesen 2 posts 22 karma points
    Mar 17, 2015 @ 16:11
    Daniel Meltesen

Any progress on this one? hitting a wall myself, trying to courier a site with approx 700mb images in various Galleries for a customer. stuck at "Packaging your items"

• Paul Sterling 718 posts 1534 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Mar 17, 2015 @ 16:25
    Paul Sterling

@Daniel

700mb of images (assuming that's 1,000's of items) is going to take quite a bit of time using Courier - even with super fast infrastructure (CPU, SSD, local network, etc...).  With that much media you'll need to let Courier run for possibly hours - again dependiong on your infrastructure.  Extraction, likewise will take a long time.

You may have a better experience transferring your large amout of media manually, but be aware of potential media id differences between environments.

This is the way Courier works, there's no "go faster" switch as Courier needs to resolve all possible relationships when building the dependency graph.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft