Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thomas Morris 35 posts 133 karma points MVP c-trib
    Feb 23, 2015 @ 11:39
    Thomas Morris

License query for multiple domains in one instance of Umbraco

I have a question around the licensing details of Courier and since I can find multiple pages talking about this, I wanted to get some clarity and also some written confirmation for our client.

Firstly, here are the two pages I found:

http://umbraco.com/help-and-support/customer-area/courier-support-and-download/license-questions

http://umbraco.com/help-and-support/customer-area/courier-2-support-and-download/license-questions

I presume the second one is the most up to date, but they do have differing details. One line in particular caught my eye and is only on the first link...

"if you only administer your site on a single domain, you do not need to license each website domain."

So, in our case we have an instance of Umbraco that has multiple sites, but all with a different domain. For simplicity, we route our admin users to a different domain (i.e. not /umbraco) which for the usage of an example could be admin.example.com. Judging by the statement above, this would mean we only need one license, but I would like to get this confirmed before we end up having to buy extra licenses if this wasn't the case.

Thanks!

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Feb 23, 2015 @ 12:04
    Jeroen Breuer

I think that the license is per domain.

So if you have website.com it will also work for test.website.com. But if you have website2.com you'll need an extra license for that.

Jeroen

• Paul Sterling 718 posts 1534 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Feb 24, 2015 @ 22:22
    Paul Sterling

@Thomas

The intent is to have one license "per site."  Which we define as "The license is valid for 1 production domain, and 2 development domains."  Exactly as @jeroen says.  If you have a special cas get in touch via the licensing contact form on umbraco.com

• Thomas Morris 35 posts 133 karma points MVP c-trib
    Feb 24, 2015 @ 23:08
    Thomas Morris

Ok thanks for the clarification both. Not a problem, will pass on the message.

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Feb 25, 2015 @ 09:16
    Jeroen Breuer

Could you please mark a post as the solution if it helped you?

Jeroen

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft