Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Garpur Dagsson 29 posts 164 karma points
    Mar 30, 2015 @ 20:24
    Garpur Dagsson

Is it possible to transfer forms

Hi,

I am using umb 7.2.2 and courier 2.11 I do not see any way to transfer forms?

Is this not possible?

If it is possible do I need to install/enable something ?

• Paul Sterling 718 posts 1534 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Mar 31, 2015 @ 01:50
    Paul Sterling

@Garpur

Yes - https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco.Courier.FormsProvider

There should be a Courier option on the form's menu.

Mar 31, 2015 @ 18:24
    Garpur Dagsson

@Paul

what do I need to do to install this ?

copy the dll's or ?

Mar 31, 2015 @ 19:00
    Paul Sterling

@Garpur

Right.  It's a community project, so clone the source and build.  Then copy the Umbraco.Courier.Forms.*.dll to your site to test.  It will add a menu item tothe Forms menu.

Mar 31, 2015 @ 19:20
    Garpur Dagsson

@Paul,

git clone, open in VS 2013 rebuild =>

Warning    1   Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "Umbraco.Courier.DataResolvers". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.    Umbraco.Courier.FormsProvider
    Error   2   The type or namespace name 'DataResolvers' does not exist in the namespace 'Umbraco.Courier' (are you missing an assembly reference?)   Z:\src\umbraco\Umbraco.Courier.FormsProvider\Umbraco.Courier.FormsProvider\FormPickerResolver.cs    9   48  Umbraco.Courier.FormsProvider
    Error   3   Metadata file 'Z:\src\umbraco\Umbraco.Courier.FormsProvider\Umbraco.Courier.FormsProvider\bin\Debug\Umbraco.Courier.FormsProvider.dll' could not be found   Z:\src\umbraco\Umbraco.Courier.FormsProvider\Umbraco.Courier.FormsTreeProvider\CSC  Umbraco.Courier.FormsTreeProvider
    Warning 4   The referenced component 'Umbraco.Courier.DataResolvers' could not be found.    Umbraco.Courier.FormsProvider

What am I missing? :p
    Apr 01, 2015 @ 01:48
    Paul Sterling

@garpur

I see, I'll have a look this week and update the project references.  Thanks

Apr 01, 2015 @ 15:27
    Garpur Dagsson

@Paul

Actually what would be best would be to be able to download the .dll from github (or somewhere),

it is a pain to have to have VS (so far we have had zero use for writing C# code :) )

Apr 03, 2015 @ 21:13
    Paul Sterling

@Garpur

That makes sense, eventually we hope to include this provider as part of the core Courier install.  For now, however, it remains a community project and not officially supported.  I've made a PR with the very simple update:  https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco.Courier.FormsProvider/pull/1  As soon as that's merged in it will build.

You can add the Umbraco.Courier.DataResolvers.dll to the /dependencies/ folder, then build and copy the *forms* dlls to your site in the meantime.

Apr 07, 2015 @ 20:51
    Paul Sterling

@Garpur

The Forms provider is updated with the required dependencies, so you can clone and build then deploy the dlls.  https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco.Courier.FormsProvider ;

• Damon 217 posts 287 karma points
    Jan 08, 2016 @ 14:51
    Damon

Hi I followed these instructions but I still cannot see the Courier option when click on a form in the Forms section in the back office. I build the project and copied the dll. Restarted and rebuilt in VS but still cannot see any Courier option when I right click on a form within Forms.

What else needs to be done here?

Thanks a lot for any info!

• Carina 12 posts 73 karma points
    Oct 19, 2016 @ 02:50
    Carina

Hi @Damon, I've got the same issue. I've followed the same instructions and still can't see the Courier option/button.

Have you resolved this? I'm on Umbraco 7.5.2, Umbraco Courier 2.52.14, and Umbraco Form: 4.3.3

Cheers Carina

• Jonathan Roberts 409 posts 1063 karma points
    Dec 12, 2018 @ 15:24
    Jonathan Roberts

Will there ever be updates to this project - it is something we need but the GIT files havent been updated for 1 or 4 years

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft