Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jason LaBaw 17 posts 47 karma points
    May 15, 2015 @ 01:24
    Jason LaBaw

Courier Error: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path

Hey uFam - I'm having an issue with Courier... well I don't actually think it's courier rather AWS and the way Amazon wants it configured... When I attempt to use courier to go from the production server to my staging server I'm getting this error at the extracting phase (post packaging)

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\inetpub\AmazonInternalCareer\app_data\courier\revisions\__f9e3a30d-e605-4275-a775-63a6137805a4'. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit() at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.InternalGetFiles(String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Storage.RevisionStorage.GetFromDirectory(String name, String directory, Boolean lazyLoad) at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.Local.GetRevision(String alias) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.get_Revision() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.PopulateGraphInternal() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.PopulateGraph() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Tasks.ExtractionTask.Run() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.BackgroundTaskRunner`1.ConsumeTaskInternal(T task) 5/12/2015 12:50:09 AM

My hunch is that it's a permissions issue... but after a couple of days of hacking I can't figure it out. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

• Jason LaBaw 17 posts 47 karma points
    May 18, 2015 @ 21:33
    Jason LaBaw

bump bump... anyone got any ideas?

• Paul Sterling 718 posts 1534 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    May 18, 2015 @ 21:37
    Paul Sterling

@jason Is that path physically present?  Anything else in the log that yo can share?  And which umbraco / courier version?

• Laurence Gillian 600 posts 1219 karma points
    May 23, 2015 @ 12:14
    Laurence Gillian

Did you make any progress with this issue? Seeing a similar error when I try and transfer a Document with no Properties.

Extraction

Extracting Not servedSystem.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\root\productname\www\appdata\courier\revisions_9f924173-5f8e-4c3f-9a04-c29ea36fcfd0'. at System.IO.Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator1.CommonInit() at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.InternalGetFiles(String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Storage.RevisionStorage.GetFromDirectory(String name, String directory, Boolean lazyLoad) at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.Local.GetRevision(String alias) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.getRevision() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.populateGraph() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.PopulateGraph() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Tasks.ExtractionTask.Run() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.manageTask(IRevisionTask value) 5/23/2015 10:11:

Packaging

Packaging Not served and its childrenCompleted on: 5/23/2015 10:10:42 AM

Packaging

Packaging Not servedCompleted on: 5/23/2015 10:10:37 AM

May 25, 2015 @ 18:00
    Paul Sterling

@Laurence 

Same questions I had for Jason -  Is that path physically present?  Anything else in the log that you can share?  And which umbraco / courier version?  

By "document with no properties" do you mean a content node using a doc type with no properties other than the default?

• Laurence Gillian 600 posts 1219 karma points
    Jun 02, 2015 @ 15:24
    Laurence Gillian

Hi Paul,

I was able to track this down to a permissions error on the App_Data folder.

By Document with No Properties, yes I mean a content node using a doc type with no properties.

Best wishes, Laurence

• Mohamed Rafeeq 6 posts 26 karma points
    Jun 08, 2015 @ 08:04
    Mohamed Rafeeq

What was the resolution? anybody able to resolve this issue?? I am also getting the same error

Umbraco v6.2.2 (Assembly version: 1.0.5350.26600)

Courier: Umbraco Courier for Umbraco 6

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'E:\Website\app_data\courier\revisions\__28094a70-1c77-4059-b228-455a03c0fe81 (file:///E:/Website/app_data/courier/revisions/__28094a70-1c77-4059-b228-455a03c0fe81)'. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit() at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.InternalGetFiles(String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Storage.RevisionStorage.GetFromDirectory(String name, String directory, Boolean lazyLoad) at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.Local.GetRevision(String alias) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.get_Revision() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.populateGraph() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.PopulateGraph() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Tasks.ExtractionTask.Run() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.manageTask(IRevisionTask value) 6/8/2015 9:17:57 AM

Appreciate your assistance

Jun 08, 2015 @ 09:16
    Paul Sterling

@Mohamed

It has generaly been resolved by adjusting permissions on the App_Data folder.  Make sure your permissions match what umbraco sets - so running /install/ by clearing umbracoConfigurationStatus in web.config to have the upgradeer/installer set them to the default.

• Mohamed Rafeeq 6 posts 26 karma points
    Jun 11, 2015 @ 04:33
    Mohamed Rafeeq

Thanks Paul, I checked App_Data has enough permission. Let me try again and let you know.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft