Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Denis Gudim 3 posts 23 karma points
    May 16, 2015 @ 17:24
    Denis Gudim

Courier revisions work incorrectly

Hi,

We try to use Umbraco for our site and bought Umbraco Complete package. During work process we faced a list of problems:

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/COU-146
    http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/COU-151

Guys from Umbraco team please payattention to these problems. We can't start our project without Couriers revisions correct work.

We rely on your help very much.

Thank you beforehand!

• J 21 posts 42 karma points
    Jun 11, 2015 @ 20:10
    J

The revision editor seems good for creating brand new revisions, but I can't do even simple edits with it. I'm contemplating editing the revision folder structures by hand, but that turns out to be a little bit complicated. Simply editing manifest.xml seems easy enough but I haven't got the hang of managing the files.

It would be nice to have some commented text names added to the entities in manifest.xml, in addition to the uniqueIDs, for readability. I might log that suggestion, since you would think it would be an easy add.

My current approach right now is to recreate entire revisions from scratch every time, but this is time consuming and prone to error.

The use cases they seem to be catering to most are ad hoc sends (right click menu) and batch sends (revisions), but my particular use case uses revisions as a means of storing transportable data long term, which requires edits.

• J 21 posts 42 karma points
    Jun 12, 2015 @ 18:27
    J

Denis, this may be a workaround to consider. I'm going to try it out. I have no idea what your use case is though, so it may not be useful to you at all.

1. As new creations are ready to add to a revision, use Courier to send them over to a "prep" environment where no development is done, and where no dynamic content exists. This environment only exists for creating one holistic revision, ready to deploy.
    2. Once the prep environment is ready, create or update a revision on the prep environment using the Package All button. (This has worked well enough for me so far.)

This is a good way to get a clean revision with only the contents you want. If you want to remove something from the revision, just delete the item from the prep environment and recreate the revision.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft