Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Jun 03, 2015 @ 01:11
    Nicholas Westby

Disable Migration of Hostname?

I have installed Courier on a test version of one of my sites to test the viability of using it to migrate content between a staging and production environment. One issue I have noticed so far is that Courier seems to migrate the hostname information attached to content nodes.

This is problematic because our staging site might have the homepage hostname set to staging.site.com, while the production site might have the homepage hostname set to www.site.com. If that were overwritten, the site would go down.

Is there some way (e.g., a configuration value) to prevent Courier from migrating the hostname when it migrates the content for the node?

• Richard Edwards 21 posts 76 karma points
    Jun 03, 2015 @ 14:05
    Richard Edwards

I've noticed this too.  It doesn' happen on my older v6 sites, just the newer v7 ones.

• Richard Edwards 21 posts 76 karma points
    Jun 09, 2015 @ 15:02
    Richard Edwards

One way around this is to add both the .stg and .com hostnames to each site.  That way both get moved over by Courier.  Assuming they have different dns entries having multiple on each site won't cause problems.

• David Twamley 9 posts 101 karma points
    Nov 04, 2015 @ 16:21
    David Twamley

I also would like control over host names. I filed a feature request with a couple ideas for it:

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/COU-237

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft