Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Jun 03, 2015 @ 22:56
    Nicholas Westby

Courier Breaks Contour

After installing Courier (2.50.1), I get an error message when I try to create a new Contour (3.0.18) form or view an existing Contour form in Umbraco 7.2.6:

Licensing Error

For the search engines, that error message is:

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void Umbraco.Licensing.UI.InjectTrialMessage(Umbraco.Licensing.Validator, System.String, System.Web.UI.Page)'.

Seems like the version of Umbraco.Licensing.dll added by Courier is incompatible with the version of Umbraco.Licensing.dll used by Contour.

Has anybody who has encountered this found a workaround (I'm considering trying a Contour upgrade)?

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jun 03, 2015 @ 23:34
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Nicholas,

I can see that there have been an issue before where Courier Breaks Contour. http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/COU-103 Maybe you could try what Paul describes, and if it dosenĀ“t solve your problem the I think you should report the bug again on http://issues.umbraco.org/issues/COU

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Jun 04, 2015 @ 00:03
    Nicholas Westby

Hmm. Paul didn't describe how to fix it. He said:

The latest licensing dll has fixed this discrepancy.

I have the latest version of Courier, so I'd think it would come with the latest licensing DLL and the issue should be fixed. Maybe I need to upgrade to the latest Contour too for the issue to be fixed. Will give that a try.

• Paul Sterling 718 posts 1534 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Jun 04, 2015 @ 00:11
    Paul Sterling

@Nicholas

I haven't seen this issue for some time so I assume it's just a discrepancy in terms of the specific versions you have and the licensing dll version.  You can find the most recent here http://nightly.umbraco.org/umbraco.licensing/Umbraco.Licensing.V2/ProjectLicensing%20Redist/build/  The licensing dll was updated for Forms, and we've been shipping that version with Courier (for v7) as well. 

Jun 04, 2015 @ 00:25
    Nicholas Westby

Installing the new version of Contour (3.0.27) seems to have fixed it (broke some other stuff, but luckily I've seen those errors before and was able to handle them quickly).

Jun 09, 2015 @ 01:15
    Nicholas Westby

Actually, it appears the latest Courier (2.50.1) breaks even the latest version of Contour (3.0.27). I installed Courier to a website that had the latest Contour, and I got the same error. The fix was to revert the Umbraco.Licensing.dll to the version Contour had before Courier overwrite it.

Not sure if this is a Courier or a Contour issue, but they aren't playing nicely together.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft