Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Stone Yen 34 posts 55 karma points
    Jan 28, 2010 @ 08:47
    Stone Yen

How to install Courier in x64 environment.

is there any guide for installing courier and concierge?

Our environment

Umbraco: 4.0.3

ASP.NET: 4.0.3

Windows 2003 Enterprise R2 x64/ IIS 6

the lincense DLL cannot be loaded,

we tried to enable the 32bit mode for application pool

However we got following error:

Could not load all ISAPI filters for site/service.  Therefore startup aborted

the web site cannot be started.

ISAPI Filter 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\aspnet_filter.dll' could not be loaded due to a configuration problem. The current configuration only supports loading images built for a x86 processor architecture. The data field contains the error number. To learn more about this issue, including how to troubleshooting this kind of processor architecture mismatch error, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=29349.

and frankly speaking, It is not acceptable that for using the some of the PRO functions that we need to switch the application pool to 32bit mode.

Please help.

I believe Concierge also shares the same problem.

Stone

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jan 28, 2010 @ 08:50
    Per Ploug

Hi Stone

Currently the only solution is to allow the application pool to execute 32bit applications.

It is due to the licensing on the courier and concierge, which we are in the process of moving to another and better solution. - Contour already uses this new licensing and runs without any issues on 64bit.

/Per 

Jan 28, 2010 @ 09:41
    Stone Yen

Hi Per,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Is there any timeline on this better solution? we actually bought the Umbraco.Pro for the concierge ,courier and contour.

If this won't happen in the near future.

and to use 32bit application pool just because these addons is not justifiable.

any other help we can get for this issue?

Thanks

Best regards,

Stone

Jan 29, 2010 @ 13:11
    Stone Yen

Please, ANYONE from umbraco can answer my question above???????

There is nothing in the product description that says those tools CANNOT be used in X64 environment.

changing application pool to 32bit is not the answer of above.

Best regards,

Stone

• Niels Hartvig 1951 posts 2391 karma points c-trib
    Feb 01, 2010 @ 18:04
    Niels Hartvig

We're swapping the license tool used for Concierge and Courier during this quarter - this is what unfortunately forces us to only be 32bit compatible. We've successfully used the new licensing tool for Contour and are very satisfied. This is why we feel it's safe to change it, but it's not an overnight process to modify a license provider which is why it'll take some time.

You should however be fine to set the app pool to 32bit until then a part from it obviously being a weird feeling.

Best,
    Niels / Umbraco

Feb 02, 2010 @ 08:00
    Stone Yen

Hi Niels,

It's great to hear that the license issue can be sloved within this quarter. thank you and your team for the effort.

The other thing about umbraco Pro, I submit a request via contact us form almost a week ago. But I do not get any reply yet.

Hoping you can help to answer them.

My two questions are as below:

1. How much does it cost if I want to upgrade my Umbraco Pro to Umbraco Premium or standard support? or is this possible??

2. In the Umbraco product description, it mentions that full source code available. but I cannot find place to download the source code for concierge, courier nor contour.

Thank you and we really love umbraco for the flexibily it provides.

Best regards,

Stone Yen

• Connie DeCinko 931 posts 1160 karma points
    Aug 06, 2010 @ 19:46
    Connie DeCinko

What is the status on this issue?

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Aug 09, 2010 @ 09:25
    Per Ploug

The license has been updated to support 64bit systems, the new version can be downloaded directly from the umbraco package repository

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft