Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John Alphonso Yarlott 10 posts 101 karma points
    Jul 15, 2015 @ 19:05
    John Alphonso Yarlott

Problem installing Courrier

Greetings: I've searched the forum and couldn't find an answer to this so if it has already been addressed, please accept my apologies. I'm having a problem installing courier in my local VS environment. I can load the package and the process nearly completes, all the way to the point when the Umbraco back office tries to reload. Then I see a blank screen in the web browser (because an asynchronous JS call is 500'ing). Checking the logs, I see that it's failing at Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase. The error message is:

2015-07-15 14:48:34,437 [47] ERROR Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase - [P6096/T36/D10] An unhandled exception occurred
    System.ArgumentException: The relative virtual path 'function ShowTransferItemModal(){ 
                          var nodeId = UmbClientMgr.mainTree().getActionNode().nodeId;
                          var nodeType = UmbClientMgr.mainTree().getActionNode().nodeType;
                          var nodeName = UmbClientMgr.mainTree().getActionNode().nodeName;

/could also use some failure alerts, just in case

var providerguid = 'temp';
                          var itemid = 'temp';

jQuery.ajax({
                              type: "POST",
                              url: "/umbraco/plugins/courier/webservices/Courier.asmx/GetProviderId",
                              data: "{treeType: '" + nodeType + "'}",
                              contentType: "application/json; charset=utf-8",
                              dataType: "json",
                              success: function(msg) {

providerguid = ...' is not allowed here.

I get the same error using asp dev server, iis express, and regular IIS. I can't imagine what is going on because I just installed it about two weeks ago on another instance in my local environment and it worked fine.

You're help is greatly appreciated!

Jul 15, 2015 @ 20:30
    John Alphonso Yarlott

UPDATE: this problem isn't isolated to Courier, I just tried installing another package (CMS Import) and I'm receiving the exact same exception happening at the same point in the install process (when the back office attempts to re-load).

2015-07-15 16:25:58,409 [6] INFO  Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase - [P7364/T1/D2] Application shutdown. Reason: BinDirChangeOrDirectoryRename
    2015-07-15 16:26:06,946 [16] ERROR Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase - [P7364/T1/D8] An unhandled exception occurred
    System.ArgumentException: The relative virtual path 'function ExecuteTask(){ UmbClientMgr.contentFrame('/umbraco/plugins/CMSImport/Pages/wizard.aspx?executetask=true&importid=' + UmbClientMgr.mainTree().getActionNode().nodeId);UmbClientMgr.closeModalWindow(); }' is not allowed here.

Jul 16, 2015 @ 13:49
    John Alphonso Yarlott

UPDATE2: when I point the Umbraco install at a SQL ce database, I don't get the error, however this isn't an acceptable solution since I need to duplicate our server environment as much as possible and certain packages aren't compatible with SQL ce.

• Stanislav Stoyanov 2 posts 24 karma points
    Jul 16, 2015 @ 14:17
    Stanislav Stoyanov

I've encounter the same issue while upgrading Umbraco from v7.1.2 to v7.2.7. I've followed the steps described in the documentation, copy /bin; /Umbraco; /Umbraco_Client folders.

Error is received when Umbraco finishes installing and when reloading the white screen is displayed. I've checked the requests and saw that the following are failing with error 500:

http://test.xxx.com/umbraco/Application?umb__rnd=ffffffffd45178f3

[ArgumentException: The relative virtual path 'function ShowTransferItemModal(){

var nodeId = UmbClientMgr.mainTree().getActionNode().nodeId;
                          var nodeType = UmbClientMgr.mainTree().getActionNode().nodeType;
                          var nodeName = UmbClientMgr.mainTree().getActionNode().nodeName;

/could also use some failure alerts, just in case

var providerguid = 'temp';
                          var itemid = 'temp';

jQuery.ajax({
                              type: "POST",
                              url: "/umbraco/plugins/courier/webservices/Courier.asmx/GetProviderId",
                              data: "{treeType: '" + nodeType + "'}",
                              contentType: "application/json; charset=utf-8",
                              dataType: "json",
                              success: function(msg) {

providerguid = ...' is not allowed here.]

System.Web.VirtualPath.Create(String virtualPath, VirtualPathOptions options) +12538529 System.Web.VirtualPathUtility.ToAbsolute(String virtualPath, String applicationPath) +20 Umbraco.Core.IO.IOHelper.ResolveUrl(String virtualPath) +372 System.Linq.WhereSelectArrayIterator2.MoveNext() +82 System.Collections.Generic.List1..ctor(IEnumerable1 collection) +536 System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList(IEnumerable1 source) +80 Umbraco.Web.Editors.BackOfficeController.GetLegacyActionJs(LegacyJsActionType type) +159 Umbraco.Web.Editors.BackOfficeController.Application() +203 lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) +43 System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary2 parameters) +258 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary2 parameters) +39 System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>cDisplayClass42.<BeginInvokeSynchronousActionMethod>b41() +34 System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>cDisplayClass39.<BeginInvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b33() +124 System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>cDisplayClass4f.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronously>b49() +787435 System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>cDisplayClass4f.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronously>b49() +787435 System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>cDisplayClass4f.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronously>b49() +787435 System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>cDisplayClass4f.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronously>b49() +787435 System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>cDisplayClass37.<BeginInvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b36(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +15 System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>cDisplayClass2a.<BeginInvokeAction>b20() +33 System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>cDisplayClass25.<BeginInvokeAction>b22(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +787916 System.Web.Mvc.<>cDisplayClass1d.<BeginExecuteCore>b18(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +28 System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>cDisplayClass4.<MakeVoidDelegate>b3(IAsyncResult ar) +15 System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +65 System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>cDisplayClass4.<MakeVoidDelegate>b3(IAsyncResult ar) +15 System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +51 System.Web.Mvc.<>cDisplayClass8.<BeginProcessRequest>b3(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +42 System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>cDisplayClass4.<MakeVoidDelegate>b3(IAsyncResult ar) +15 System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +51 System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +606 System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +288

Jul 16, 2015 @ 15:29
    John Alphonso Yarlott

Thanks, Stanislav! I finally resolved this. I think the database I was using was corrupted (even though I was deleting it and re-creating it every time). When I created a new database with a different name, uoolah! It worked!

• Stanislav Stoyanov 2 posts 24 karma points
    Jul 17, 2015 @ 15:40
    Stanislav Stoyanov

Hi, today I saw that there is a new version from umbraco 7.2.8. With this version the upgrade process completed without error. I guess that there was some bug in v7.2.7.

Jul 17, 2015 @ 21:04
    John Alphonso Yarlott

Hmmmm... that's the version I installed when this mysteriously fixed itself... I wonder.

• Paul Sterling 718 posts 1534 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Jul 20, 2015 @ 21:38
    Paul Sterling

@John

Indeed, was an issue that came up with an update in 7.2.7, but addressed in 7.2.8

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-6843

Jul 21, 2015 @ 00:00
    John Alphonso Yarlott

Hi Paul, thanks for the confirmation!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft