Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Aug 13, 2015 @ 16:28
    Fuji Kusaka

Error packaging courier files

Hi,

Has anyone ever had this issue before when using courier ?

It is throwing me those errors when trying to push any content to a local machine.

Error:System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> Umbraco.Courier.Core.Exceptions.UnauthorizedClientException: User: admin could not be authenticated at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.WebserviceProvider.Security.SecurityHelper.ValidateUser(String login, String pass) at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.WebserviceProvider.Security.Authentication.AuthorizeClient(String login, String password, Boolean cacheAuthResult) at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.Webservices.Repository.OpenSession(String sessionKey, String username, String password) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.OpenSession(String sessionKey) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.Package() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.manageTask(IRevisionTask value)

any idea what might be throwing me those errors ?

• Paul Sterling 718 posts 1534 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Aug 13, 2015 @ 16:51
    Paul Sterling

@Fuji

Have seen that with legacyEncoding. Details here http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/COU-104

Aug 13, 2015 @ 17:27
    Fuji Kusaka

@paul,

Where do i set it to true . I tried to uninstall courier and re-install it but still no success.

Aug 13, 2015 @ 17:31
    Paul Sterling

You'll set useLegacyEncoding = true for the UsersMembershipProvider in web.config...if it's set to false of course. You'll also need to reset the password since the encoding will be different.

Aug 13, 2015 @ 17:45
    Fuji Kusaka

Everything is set to false here

<add name="UsersMembershipProvider" type="umbraco.providers.UsersMembershipProvider" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="false" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" passwordFormat="Hashed" />

Aug 13, 2015 @ 20:58
    Paul Sterling

@fuji - Can you add the explicit "useLegacyEncoding" attribute and see if that resolves it?

<add name="UsersMembershipProvider" type="Umbraco.Web.Security.Providers.UsersMembershipProvider, Umbraco" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0" minRequiredPasswordLength="4" useLegacyEncoding="true" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" passwordFormat="Hashed" />

Aug 14, 2015 @ 09:22
    Fuji Kusaka

@paul,

Thanks but no, still not doing it. Just for the record its an old version of umbraco v4.11.8. I tried to uninstall and reinstall courier but it crashed and cant even see the courier icon at the bottom

Aug 14, 2015 @ 10:06
    Fuji Kusaka

Crap getting some other issues while trying to install courier 2.7.39 now.

The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FKumbracoUser2appumbracoApp". The conflict occurred in database "umbracomqs", table "dbo.umbracoApp", column 'appAlias'. The statement has been terminated.

Aug 14, 2015 @ 16:10
    Paul Sterling

Anyway you could update to v7 plus courier v.latest? You'll have a much better experience.

Aug 14, 2015 @ 18:39
    Fuji Kusaka

This is on schedule but right now i have 2 instances with some quite a lot of changes and need to merge both of them. Once this is done will upgrade to v7.

Quick one am using server 2012 do you have a sql script since courier only supports SQL server 2005 and 2008 ?

Aug 14, 2015 @ 19:02
    Paul Sterling

@Fuji

It should work with Sql 2012/2014. But really you won't need any sql if it's just applying a hotfix as there are no sql changes.

For v7 there's no sql required at all.

Aug 15, 2015 @ 03:09
    Fuji Kusaka

the only thing is i need to install courier on this instance of umbraco 4.11.8 but it just crashed all the time.

May be manual install ? not sure what is the best way round here.

• kometa 23 posts 76 karma points
    Dec 15, 2015 @ 13:13
    kometa

Hi Fuji,

Wondering if you managed to get around this issue, as I'm having the same problem.

Thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft