Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dennis 33 posts 238 karma points
    Sep 30, 2015 @ 12:56
    Dennis

Courier 2 killed my project?!?!

I have some Umbraco sites running. Now I would like to try if courier 2 could help maintain content on different installations.

But it just killed my project, so how do I get rid of it again? How can this be tested 100%, if there's so many assembly errors?

Hope someone can help me out :)

Could not load types from assembly Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.V7.NHibernate, Version=1.2.5120.25812, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null, errors: Exception: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'FluentNHibernate, Version=1.2.0.712, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8aa435e3cb308880' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) File name: 'FluentNHibernate, Version=1.2.0.712, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8aa435e3cb308880'

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF. To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1. Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging. To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Exception: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'FluentNHibernate, Version=1.2.0.712, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8aa435e3cb308880' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) File name: 'FluentNHibernate, Version=1.2.0.712, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8aa435e3cb308880'

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF. To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1. Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging. To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

• Dennis 33 posts 238 karma points
    Sep 30, 2015 @ 13:17
    Dennis

I think the issue is not due to Courier 2 but uCommerce!!

I had a lot of problems getting uCommerce up running due, to NHibernate assembly mismatch, uCommerce use another version than Umbraco, and Umbraco could run on that shipped with uCommerce.

Now when I installed Courier 2, which depended on NHibernate from Umbraco all hell broke loose.

The solution was to delete all courier 2 dlls, then from Umbraco I could run the uninstall procedure and get my project back.

So be very careful if you have uCommerce installed!

• Jakob Kristensen 36 posts 169 karma points
    Aug 08, 2016 @ 11:55
    Jakob Kristensen

No this is not a ucommerce issue, the courier uninstaller is severely broken and leaves a trail of stuff in your application if you try to uninstall it.

I am having the same problem where i wanted to try out courier and decided not to use it uninstalled and it completely broke my application.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft