Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bartosz Ladziński 20 posts 154 karma points
    Oct 20, 2015 @ 13:06
    Bartosz Ladziński

[Fixed] Courier crashes on attempt to deploy to another local environment

I've made a test upgrade of our application to the most recent version of Umbraco (7.3) from the 7.3-RC. After I got it working I installed the newest Courier package (2.51.2 + and 2.51.2 - Hotfix) and tried to deploy all of the content from one instance (with all the data) to the other one with a fresh DB. However, every time I try that, I get an error message:

Application Error

Value cannot be null. Parameter name: compareRepository Error details

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: compareRepository at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Tasks.PackagingTask..ctor(ExecutionContext ctx, Repository source, Repository destination, Repository compareRepository, String revisionAlias) at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Dialogs.CommitItem.RenderSummary(String target) at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Dialogs.CommitItem.oneSteptransfer(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

As a test, I've added a random image to the fresh instance and tried to deploy to the first one, still the same error.

Any reason, why this might be happening?

EDIT: Cloned the Umbraco, release-7.3.0 tag and tried to use Courier between those two instances, still got the same error.

• Bartosz Ladziński 20 posts 154 karma points
    Oct 20, 2015 @ 15:24
    Bartosz Ladziński

Never mind, I've forgotten that applying fix will clean up the courier.config and this seems to be the way Courier notifies you that there's no repository defined in the config...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft