Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Philip Johnson 3 posts 23 karma points
    Dec 04, 2015 @ 09:01
    Philip Johnson

Courier - not working

I'm using courier 2.5.1 on Umbraco 7.2.2.

I am using the Umbraco Hybrid framework.

The two databases are the same because in the light of the courier problems I have to backup the test database to live periodically.

I have two problems with courier. On certain records in the content tree the dates do not get published but everything else does.

The other problem - again on certain records - courier asks me the usual questions. I tick "include all nodes below this one" and click "Continue". I get another continue - but no ok great, it stays blank. The content is not published to the live site.

I'm not making major changes here, just users trying to publish data changes to the live site that appears on a page on the live site.

Has anybody had any similar problems?

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Dec 04, 2015 @ 09:44
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Phillip,

Sorry to hear that you have issues with Courier. You are saying that you are using Courier 2.5.1 on Umbraco 7.2.2, we have created a newer version since which fixed a lot of bugs.

Here you can see the change log for the two last versions of Courier.

Changes in 2.51.3:

• Fixed problems with transferring member types and media types
    • Fixed media items not being transferred when they were included in the Grid
    • From now on Courier will verify that both source and target use the same version of Courier
    • Fixed issues where sometimes cells in the Grid didn't transfer items with an id
    • Fixed a problem where hostnames sometimes would make a transfer fail
    • Fixed a problem with the TypeFinder erroring on types in the App_Code folder

Changes in 2.51.2:

• Courier has been updated to work with the updated API and database in Umbraco 7.3. It retains backwards compatibility with previous versions of Umbraco.
    • Bugs related to content packaging, transfer and restore tasks have been resolved.
    • Error handling has been improved to ensure more useful errors are displayed if something is not working.
    • Event bindings have been updated to work with the new events in 7.3+. The whole packaging and comparison process of a deployment has been optimized to improve performance.

Could you try upgrade to the latest version of Courier to see if it solves the issue that you have right now. You can find the latest version here https://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/umbraco-courier-2/ and upgrade instructions too.

/Dennis

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft