Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Carl Bussema 38 posts 140 karma points
    Dec 11, 2015 @ 15:57
    Carl Bussema

Exception using Courier to install Revision

I'm using Umbraco 7.3.4 with Courier 2.51.3, running against SQL Server 2014.

I installed Courier on both the source server and the target server, and built a very large revision file (took about half an hour to create), covering something like 1800+ documents.

I then use the Courier section of the dashboard on the source to transfer this to the other (target) server.

I logged into the target server and saw it there in the Courier section, clicked on the Compare & install option, waited over an hour for it to finish the compare (is there any way to speed this up, e.g. "skip compare / always overwrite"), saw

2326 Items will be updated Items was found, but not identical 1330 Items will be ignored Items already exists and looks identical

and then pressed the green button next to it to go ahead (I forget what it said, it's changed now).

This was promptly greeted with a JavaScript alert dialog with no message, so I checked the developer console, reenabled the button so I could capture the AJAX request, and got the System.InvalidOperationException, or at least as much as I could get from the response.

The format of the uniqueKey is invalid, the 2nd part of the uniqueKey must parse into a valid GUID StackTrace:
    at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ItemIdentifier..ctor(String uniqueKey)
    at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Pages.CompareRevision.Deploy(String revision, String ignoreIds, String destination)

I looked for courier log files and the umbraco trace log, but neither shows anything interesting. I've uploaded tails of both logs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/em9d4kkj7y0jaqg/AAByeZ7VgOV6vCQ8ZUEtNKfla?dl=0

Dec 15, 2015 @ 19:31
    Carl Bussema

I tried this again today after upgrading to Courier 2.51.4 on both servers, the same (general) problem occurs, although there's a different underlying exception, and either way the exceptions aren't being relayed back to the developer / author using Courier unless they happen to have the console logging the requests.

My sample was the Dictionary, 274 items in the revision, packaged and transferred OK, I can see the revision on the destination server and run the compare, but when I click Install to update the 2 items that have changed, I get that javascript alert "undefined." The JSON response is:

{"Message":"\u0027//i [@key = \u0027You\u0027ve selected_d8e6ad86-e73a-11df-9492-0800200c9a66\u0027]\u0027 has an invalid token.","StackTrace":" at Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.GetSuccessfulProcessedTasks()\r\n at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Pages.ViewTaskManager.GetProcessed()","ExceptionType":"System.Xml.XPath.XPathException"}

• oren sharoni 1 post 21 karma points
    Dec 22, 2015 @ 10:04
    oren sharoni

hi i have a similar problem, the revision transfer to the target location and the compare runs ok, i hit install and get a massage saying extract completed but no data is updated.

when i click on the item and transfer it directly it works great.

Dec 30, 2015 @ 15:17
    Carl Bussema

Anybody have any suggestions? I'm trying to synchronize a node with thousands of subnodes, and trying to do that with the "select node -> courier -> deploy" method is just too painful and slow (and since it's way too easy to navigate away from the courier pane and break things, it's not a valid solution for us). I need to be able to build a custom package that doesn't try to find dependencies through as many levels.

For a paid product, I'm a little disappointed in the instability and issues surrounding courier.

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Dec 30, 2015 @ 19:35
    Nicholas Westby

Not sure if you are having the same issue, but I found that you can basically avoid having Courier look for dependencies. It's a really weird UI/UX, but I try to explain it here: https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/courier/65273-Creation-of-Revisions-is-Extremely-Slow#comment-220860

• Patrick Scott 70 posts 110 karma points c-trib
    Jul 12, 2016 @ 16:32
    Patrick Scott

did anyone work out this error? I am getting the same:

{"Message":"The format of the uniqueKey is invalid, the 2nd part of the uniqueKey must parse into a valid GUID","StackTrace":" at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ItemIdentifier..ctor(String uniqueKey)\r\n at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Pages.CompareRevision.Deploy(String revision, String ignoreIds, String destination)","ExceptionType":"System.InvalidOperationException"}

whenever I try to use packages to transfer content.

Does this only occur with a specific Property Editor? Any idea how to narrow down what is causing this?

• Frederik Reher 1 post 71 karma points
    Sep 16, 2016 @ 07:36
    Frederik Reher

You have to turn of browser link in Visual Studio. Browser link injects an extra checkbox, which courier mistakenly uses the ID from, which causes the "The format of the uniqueKey is invalid, the 2nd part of the uniqueKey must parse into a valid GUID" message.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft