Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matt Stueve 30 posts 49 karma points
    Apr 06, 2010 @ 02:26
    Matt Stueve

Urgent Courier Questions

I've been trying, unsuccessfully, to get in touch with someone from Umbraco since last week.  I've sent 3 emails and left a voicemail with no response.  If anyone is listening, can you please answer the following?

We need to purchase Umbraco Pro just so that we can get a copy of Courier.  We have one instance of Umbraco that is running multiple “sites” using the hostname functionality of Umbraco.  This is all running under one IIS web site on our server.  We need a copy of Courier to push content from our stage instance of Umbraco to our production instance.

According to the website at http://umbraco.org/products/umbraco-pro it says that the Umbraco Pro without Support product, which includes Courier, is good for a “Single IIS Site.”  This is perfect because we have a single IIS site.

However, we purchased Umbraco Pro for another project and at the time we had to assign a domain name to the license.  Given that our single IIS site instance that uses the hostname functionality in umbraco will be running multiple domain names, we don’t have a single domain name that will be used; multiple domain names will be used which are bound to this single IIS site.

Therefore, before we purchase the Umbraco Pro without Support product, we want to ensure that it will work for multiple domain names running on one IIS site.  Also, we are planning to deploy this content tomorrow (April 6) so we need to get this resolved ASAP.  I’m hoping you can help, and/or at least tell me of another way to contact Umbraco besides the phone number and email form on the website, which has yet to garner a response.

• Niels Hartvig 1951 posts 2391 karma points c-trib
    Apr 06, 2010 @ 11:48
    Niels Hartvig

Hi Matt!

I've e-mailed you directly today. It's been holiday season in Denmark until today, so apart from the support lines we haven't been on e-mail. We'll give you a free PRO license to make it up for your frustrations.

/n

• Niels Hartvig 1951 posts 2391 karma points c-trib
    Apr 06, 2010 @ 11:49
    Niels Hartvig

And btw, one PRO license will work in terms of the tools no matter how many domains is associated with your installation. You just need to login to Umbraco using the domain associated with your license when using the add-on tools such as Courier.

• Nik Wahlberg 639 posts 1237 karma points MVP
    Apr 06, 2010 @ 15:09
    Nik Wahlberg

Can't ask for much more than that! Nice Niels! 

-- Nik

• Matt Stueve 30 posts 49 karma points
    Apr 06, 2010 @ 16:37
    Matt Stueve

Thanks again, Niels!

- Matt

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft