Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris Mahoney 235 posts 447 karma points
    Aug 06, 2020 @ 02:10
    Chris Mahoney

Azure Active Directory log in fails after 10 minutes

Hi everyone,

I've set up Azure AD authentication to the backend as documented at https://shazwazza.com/post/configuring-azure-active-directory-login-with-umbraco/. I have both a live and test site, with both URLs set up under Redirect URIs in Azure App Registrations.

The test site works fine. I can log in, link my account, log out, come back later, log in again, etc. All is well.

The live site, on the other hand, fails after about 10 minutes. I can restart the app pool and log in. I can log out and back in again. But about 10 minutes after starting the pool, logging in will fail: The login page simply reloads without logging me in. This persists until I restart the app pool again, at which point it'll work for about 10 more minutes then fail again.

The live and test sites 'should' be configured identically. I can clone live onto test, meaning that the SQL database and all files except Web.config are identical across both sites. The only Web.config difference is the connection string. Both sites use the same wildcard HTTPS certificate (*.mysite.net).

When it fails, nothing gets added to UmbracoTraceLog.txt. Any ideas on how to debug this one?

Site is running Umbraco 7.15.4 with UmbracoCms.IdentityExtensions 1.0.1.

• Chris Mahoney 235 posts 447 karma points
    Sep 21, 2020 @ 20:01
    Chris Mahoney

I moved the test site onto the same server as the live site, and it works fine. So it's not the server itself that's the problem.

Grasping at straws, I deleted the live IIS site and app pool and recreated them... and the problem still occurs.

Help! :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft