Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David Tregoning 63 posts 236 karma points
    Nov 25, 2019 @ 21:53
    David Tregoning

Best practice for MNTP inside accordion (nested editors)

The website that I work on has a standard page template. The majority of the content for this page is entered within a Rich Text Editor. This RTE also uses a macro to insert an accordion into the RTE.

The accordion macro has an input field for the accordion item title and a multi-line text field for the content of an accordion item body. These 2 fields are then repeated 20x inside the macro. producing up to 20 accordion items.

Within the multi-line text fields, we currently are inserting HTML code to represent subheadings and unordered lists, where the unordered list items are links to other nodes within our CMS.

What I would like to do is build a doctype/template so that we can define the accordion item titles, the subheadings & then use an MNTP to select other nodes within our CMS, so that we do not need to hard code any HTML in to any input fields.

Thus I was wondering what would be best practice for achieving this and if anybody has any pointers on the set up?

Would another Macro be the best way to achieve this or would it be a grid layout and in both cases can I create nested editors, ie MNTP inside Accordion editor?

Many thanks in advance

• David Tregoning 63 posts 236 karma points
    Nov 25, 2019 @ 22:36
    David Tregoning

Posting for anybody with a similar question, I found this post which refers to nested content, this appear to be what I am after: https://our.umbraco.com/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/82094-creating-and-accordion

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft