Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bart 4 posts 104 karma points
    Nov 27, 2019 @ 12:45
    Bart

Multi language site upgrade Umbraco 8

I've upgrade a multi language site from version 7.15.3 to version 8.3.0. I've got te site compiling and running. The backend UI is working except for the Languages section. The page is not showing anything at all. I get a javascript error when opening the Languages settings. The error message is languageResource.getAll is not a function. I've checked with the debugger in Chrome and it seems the languageResource is not properly injected in the LanguagesOverviewController as the injected object doesn't have getAll function. I've checked with another site I've upgraded from 7.15.3 to 8.3.0 and there the languageResource is properly injected. Any suggestions on next steps to resolve this issue?

• Bart 4 posts 104 karma points
    Nov 27, 2019 @ 14:15
    Bart

A lot of trial and error and swapping code and database with a working project I found the cause of the problem. As this project contains a dozen plugins one of them had the a resource, as you might gues, with the name languageResource, which overwrites the umbraco one. So renaming this plugin's resource solved the issue.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft