Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Damion 96 posts 331 karma points
    Nov 28, 2019 @ 13:57
    Damion

Running uSync import to bring in missing items seems to 'break' live env

A client is about to upload 300-odd document to our Umbraco CMS which is fine, all that works.

What I have noticed sometimes though is that a straightforward deploy to live is fine, but if anything such as dictionary items are missing and I have to do a uSync import then any content from development environment seems to come over and for whatever reason breaks the app as it cannot find the content that was there in the first place (does re-indexing or something happen?).

What's the best process to follow to ensure it goes smoothly?What I had been doing was:

Adding new pages or dictionary items in the back office

Running models builder if required and including new items in the solution

Kick off the build and if anything missing, run uSync import

Should I bin any content from development before the final pull request and build?

• Kevin Jump 2309 posts 14673 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Nov 28, 2019 @ 18:45
    Kevin Jump

Hi Damion,

when you import uSync will attempt to find the content based on the content items key or path, but part of that has changed it will re-create it - this might be what you are seeing.

if you don't want the content to be synced between your dev and live, you can disable the content handler (in the config or via the back office). (see https://jumoo.co.uk/usync/docs/v8/contentEdition/) this will stop it being exported/imported as part of the process (you might want to do the same for media?).

if you do want a bit of content/media creating but not other bits then it gets a bit more complicated - in v7 we use to have a ignore/include setting so you could just pick a bit of the content to import, but we didn't put that in v8 and it just seemed to confuse people.

• Damion 96 posts 331 karma points
    Nov 29, 2019 @ 09:59
    Damion

Thanks again Kevin, thought it may have been something like that but I just wasn't sure where to configure it.

Can I ask though, should I disable mediaTypeHandler, contentTypeHandler or contentTemplateHandler?

cheers

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft