Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jake 7 posts 87 karma points
    Nov 29, 2019 @ 11:08
    Jake

Post-Publish load times very slow

I've been monitoring load times for my site using site24x7 today since I noticed some speed issues. I have an average first byte load time of 0.558 seconds however when content is published on any page, that jumps to about 14 seconds for every page (until I assume that document type is cached), then it settles back down. This isn't just on my local machine either, once a page is visited it is very fast for other machines.

Is there a way/workaround/third party service I can make use of to crawl through all of the pages right after a publish to ensure the pages are cached straight away and users don't suffer through a 14 second load time?

• Yakov Lebski 554 posts 2118 karma points
    Nov 30, 2019 @ 03:15
    Yakov Lebski

14 seconds is looks not good,

What version of Umbraco are you using? Do you have distributed call enabled? How many servers do you have?

• Jake 7 posts 87 karma points
    Nov 30, 2019 @ 23:45
    Jake

Hi Yakov,

Not good at all. We're using Umbraco 8. Not sure about distributed call since I wasn't the guy who set up the config, maybe that's something to look at. I'll have to ask my higher up about server count on monday as well, I'm new to the team so I don't have that info on hand.

Before leaving the office on Friday I did notice that publishing a child page wouldn't affect other children that didn't share parents as much. Just seems to be a problem with that first ever read (by any machine).

• Yakov Lebski 554 posts 2118 karma points
    Dec 05, 2019 @ 03:06
    Yakov Lebski

I hope that you have enough resources on server and issues is only in application.

How many servers do you have? Can you check that happen in umbracoServer table ?

Can you did cold start?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft