Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Saif Obeidat 79 posts 296 karma points
    Nov 30, 2019 @ 09:00
    Saif Obeidat

Where to find the combined file of mediapicker.controller.js

Hello,

I am having an issue in one of my websites, which is when you upload an image by Mediapicker, you have to select it again (auto selection for the uploaded images)

There is a PR which fixes it, but it has not yet been merged.

anyway to fix this, I had to take and build Umbraco from source code and I and changed the related file (/views/common/infiniteeditors/mediapicker/mediapicker.controller.js ) , and it works now on the source version

but my issue is how can I take this fix into my Umbraoc project ( build version)

should I take a specific file and replace it somewhere? and where can I find it.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14344 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Nov 30, 2019 @ 09:56
    Marc Goodson

Hi Saif

There is a gulp build that takes the many individual javascript files in the source of Umbraco and combines them into individual files when Umbraco is shipped (or when built locally).

So in the version you want to patch you need to find the combined file that contains the bit you want to change.

I suspect it will be in

/umbraco/js/umbraco.services.js

but there are other files in that folder, eg umbraco.controllers.js and umbraco.directives.js depending what the change is.

Once you've made the change in the combined file, you'll need to increment the client dependency framework version to ensure Umbraco loads the updated versions of the files.

regards

marc

• Saif Obeidat 79 posts 296 karma points
    Dec 01, 2019 @ 08:22
    Saif Obeidat

Thanks, I found it in umbraco.controllers.js

• Mus'ab 157 posts 385 karma points notactivated
    Dec 01, 2019 @ 09:08
    Mus'ab

Hi Saif

you can find what you looking for in umbraco folder then go to js folder the file name is umbraco.controllers.js

regurds

Mus'ab

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft