Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• OleP 67 posts 276 karma points
    Dec 04, 2019 @ 21:51
    OleP

How to register a global filter in Umbraco 8?

Hi!

I'm using the 3rd party software EO.Pdf to generate a view as a pdf document. The software requires you to register a filter to the GlobalFilters by calling the method EO.Pdf.Mvc.MVCToPDF.RegisterFilter(typeof(GlobalFilters)); documentation

I insert this code in a the Initialize method of a component, and register the component in my composer.

This works as it should, BUT, it messes with Umbraco Forms. I get an Object reference not set to an instance of an object error when posting an Umbraco Forms form which comes from EO.Pdf.

It could be a bug in EO.Pdf or Umbraco Forms, but I want to make sure I'm registering the filter correctly first.

Can anyone help on the matter? Thanks!

Full stack trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       EO.Pdf.Mvc.MVCToPDF.a() +26
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList`1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +397
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList`1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +795
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionResult actionResult) +81
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass3_1.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +188
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeAction(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +38
       System.Web.Mvc.<>c.<BeginExecuteCore>b__152_1(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ExecuteCoreState innerState) +29
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +73
       System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +52
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +39
       System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +38
       System.Web.Mvc.<>c.<BeginProcessRequest>b__20_1(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ProcessRequestState innerState) +43
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +73
       System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +38
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +651
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step) +220
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +134

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft