Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Neil Chapman 42 posts 169 karma points
    Dec 09, 2019 @ 14:10
    Neil Chapman

Content Picker linked to a node with UmbracoInternalRedirectId displays # link

Hi all,

I have a site structure where I have a Site Settings node with my homepage/content nodes below that:

- Site settings
     - Home
     - Content
     - Content
     - Contact
     - etc...

My Site Settings node has a Content Picker with the "umbracoInternalRedirectId" alias to select the homepage. This all works fine.

What I have discovered is, any content picker throughout the site that selects the homepage node (the node being redirected), the link url is returned as "#" because the node has no url and therefor my views are outputting anchor links with href="#" instead of going to the homepage as intended.

This also impacts any link created in the RTE linking to the homepage. All pages that aren't being redirected work fine.

A few solutions I can think of are:

• Removing the Site Settings node and internal redirect (not ideal as we like this structure of separating settings)
    • Instruct editors to always select the Site Settings node when they want to link to the homepage (far from ideal as we all know clients/editors are useless)
    • Creating a Controller to output all links and calculating whether the intended link is the redirected node and outputting "/"
      • This would also require the RTE to be extended

Has anybody else come across this issue and has any other solutions/suggestions? Is this the expected result or should Umbraco be handling this redirect better?

Using Umbraco 8.3.0

Look forward to hearing your thoughts/suggestions.

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft