Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Colin Wiseman 47 posts 178 karma points
    Dec 09, 2019 @ 17:53
    Colin Wiseman

Hello! Umbraco v8 is great, but I have a small issue...

The media picker is confusing my client and actually me now.

When you select an image and save it to a piece of content and then review it you get the [pen] and the [x]. If you select [pen] the media entry opens up not the Image gallery. To get the Image Gallery again, you need to hit [x], then [+]. That's not intuitive. Clicking [pen] to chose a different image is.

As we use the same media entry across different parts of the site, you can too easily change the media entry if you don't know what you are doing and thus all areas of the site using that media entry will change. Generally not something you want if you use the same image for different purposes in different areas. Sure you could upload the same image multiple times, but that defeats having a library of images.

I have also checked different security levels in case I am missing something

Writers - the [pen] icon indeed disappears and the [x] is left, but if you hit [x] then the [+] doesn't appear. I then gave the Writers permission to the Media section, but the [pen] appears again and you can edit the entry. So back to square one.

And that's the same with other security levels. There is no way I can see to to hide the [pen] icon and allow the user to select a new image. The [x] only ever leads to a non editable field.

So is there anyway to disable the [pen] icon for everyone? In my opinion, being able to edit a Media Entry while you edit content is far too dangerous.

Hope someone can help (and understand what I am asking)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft