Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Peter Aderhold 30 posts 204 karma points
    Dec 10, 2019 @ 13:04
    Peter Aderhold

Upgrade 8.2.2 -> 8.4.0 : Module 'ngAria' is not available

Hey Guys,

I try my best to upgrade to the newest version. I do it via Nuget. I followed the instructions here: https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/getting-started/setup/upgrading/general

After starting the backoffice I've got a blank page and the JS console says:

jquery.min.js?cdv=2:2 Uncaught Error: [$injector:modulerr] Failed to instantiate module umbraco due to: Error: [$injector:modulerr] Failed to instantiate module ngAria due to: Error: [$injector:nomod] Module 'ngAria' is not available! You either misspelled the module name or forgot to load it. If registering a module ensure that you specify the dependencies as the second argument.

My web.config file seems not to be overwritten:

<add key="Umbraco.Core.ConfigurationStatus" value="8.2.2" />

When I change this to value="" it tries to downgrade and the backoffice installer wizard says:

Detected current version 0.0.0 (unknown), which needs to be upgraded to 8.2.2 (unknown).

I also tried to change the version number in the ClientDependency.config, which had no influence.

Any suggestions what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you very much.

Peter

• Peter Aderhold 30 posts 204 karma points
    Dec 10, 2019 @ 17:25
    Peter Aderhold

OK, it works after manually updating the bin-folder. Obviously nuget didn't do it automatically.

• Markus Johansson 1911 posts 5757 karma points MVP c-trib
    Mar 17, 2020 @ 11:56
    Markus Johansson

Thanks for sharing the solution, for me Clearing the Bin and rebuild did the trick! =D

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft