Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lachlann 344 posts 626 karma points
    Dec 12, 2019 @ 15:27
    Lachlann

How to interupt the backend save event, do something then continue with the save?

Hey folks

Does anyone have any thoughts (or even better code they can point me to) that would allow me to intercept the back-end save event for a node, do something and then continue with the save event?

I would like to be able to implement 'content commit' messages to allow content editors to add some text content when they save, publish or un-publish a page.

Any thoughts would be really useful

Cheers L

• Marcio Goularte 374 posts 1346 karma points
    Dec 12, 2019 @ 17:30
    Marcio Goularte

This will help you.

https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Reference/Events/ContentService-Events

I believe what you need is to implement Saving. This link has a description of each event and when it occurs. Also what you can do.|

Implementation changes from version 7 to 8. In the menu you have the version option and a code example

• Lachlann 344 posts 626 karma points
    Dec 23, 2019 @ 16:02
    Lachlann

I'm getting there with this. I have managed to use the Umbraco Events to trigger a custom popup located within an ContentApp (just to see if this would work) it does to an extent however I think writing my own custom directive and inserting this into the default.cshtml might be a better bet. I think I will also need to create a custom event queue service to push these governance events to do that I am not hacking the EventMessage processs

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft