Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Neil Hodges 338 posts 987 karma points
    Dec 19, 2019 @ 12:55
    Neil Hodges

Write lock error on Examine Indexes on Multi Umbraco website

Hi

Running a multi-site on Umbraco version 7.15.3 assembly: 1.0.7180.24662 2 websites, with the same structure, different designs.

The application pool keeps stopping and the Examine indexes seem to get corrupted or we have an error that they cannot be written to?

This brings both websites down, it's happening multiple times a day, sometimes multiple times per hour, which I can only think is when more traffic is using the site.

The error logs on the server read:

An unhandled exception occurred and the process was terminated

Application ID: /LM/W3SVC/44/ROOT

Process ID: 41844

Exception: System.IO.IOException

D:\inetpub\websitename\App_Data\TEMP\ExamineIndexes\Internal\Index\_3b.cfs
    StackTrace:    at Lucene.Net.Store.FSDirectory.InitOutput(String name)
       at Lucene.Net.Store.SimpleFSDirectory.CreateOutput(String name)
       at Lucene.Net.Index.CompoundFileWriter.Close()
       at Lucene.Net.Index.DocumentsWriter.CreateCompoundFile(String segment)
       at Lucene.Net.Index.IndexWriter.DoFlushInternal(Boolean flushDocStores, Boolean flushDeletes)
       at Lucene.Net.Index.IndexWriter.DoFlush(Boolean flushDocStores, Boolean flushDeletes)
       at Lucene.Net.Index.IndexWriter.PrepareCommit(IDictionary`2 commitUserData, Boolean internal_Renamed)
       at Lucene.Net.Index.IndexWriter.Commit(IDictionary`2 commitUserData)
       at Examine.LuceneEngine.Providers.LuceneIndexer.IndexCommiter.TimerRelease() in C:\projects\examine-qvx04\src\Examine\LuceneEngine\Providers\LuceneIndexer.cs:line 1711
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallback()
       at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.Fire()
       at System.Threading.TimerQueue.FireNextTimers()

• Alicia Butler 10 posts 101 karma points
    Nov 07, 2023 @ 18:19
    Alicia Butler

Hi Neil

I know this is an old question but I am having the exact same issue - I don't suppose you remember the solution, do you?

Thanks

Alicia

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Nov 08, 2023 @ 08:33
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Alicia,

If I understand you have 2 websites in one Umbraco instance.

How is your server setup ? Do you have 2 websites in IIS with 2 application pools. Or do you have 1 website with 1 application pool but with multiple hostnames assigned ?

Dave

Nov 08, 2023 @ 09:05
    Alicia Butler

• 4 websites in IIS (As diff domain names/IP addresses due to SSL) pointing to same umbraco db/codebase • All with own app pools • Umbraco multi site setup

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Nov 08, 2023 @ 09:10
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Alicia,

That setup is not supported.

It should be one website in IIS with one app pool. You can add multiple hostname bindings on the website.

You are getting the lock errors because multiple app pool processes are trying to access the same files.

Dave

Nov 08, 2023 @ 11:35
    Alicia Butler

WOW - thanks for the reply Dave.
    I inherited that setup and it's been like that for a number of years! Let's hope the server is more stable now as I've moved all the bindings to one IIS site/app pool and disabled the other sites/app pools.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft