Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Peter Hansen 29 posts 72 karma points
    Dec 19, 2019 @ 21:10
    Peter Hansen

Hi there,

This is probably not that difficult and may not relate to Umbraco (maybe it's more of a ASP.NET question).

Basically I have a masterpage (let's call it MPA) with a template. Another masterpage (MPB) with another template has its layout to point at MPA. Inside MPA's template plain HTML goes with a RenderBody. Inside MPB's template there's HTML and another RenderBody to handle MPB's subpages.

Now, with the ModelsBuilder enabled I get this error when trying to load a subpage to MPB:

Cannot bind source content type Umbraco.Web.PublishedContentModels.TypeSubPage to model content type Umbraco.Web.PublishedContentModels.MPB

The MPA-HTML has

@inherits Umbraco.Web.Mvc.UmbracoTemplatePage<Umbraco.Web.PublishedContentModels.MPA>

and same with MPB

@inherits Umbraco.Web.Mvc.UmbracoTemplatePage<Umbraco.Web.PublishedContentModels.MPB>

...and the same goes with the subpage template and layout to point at MPB.

I am not entirely sure what the error is telling me and how to fix it.

Anyone?

-p

• Peter Hansen 29 posts 72 karma points
    Dec 21, 2019 @ 15:18
    Peter Hansen

Seems like the sub document types (that are listed under MPB) have to inherit from the MPB-type in the 'Document Types'. This is most unfortunate because this also makes the subs inherit all properties from MPB document type which is not preferable.

This is what I would call intentionally ugly.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft