Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martin Rud 232 posts 902 karma points c-trib
    Dec 29, 2019 @ 18:55
    Martin Rud

Two sites in one Umbraco installation: Both load slowly when the other one has had the most recent page view

Hi,

I have two sites (two separate domains) in one Umbraco installation, domain1.com and domain2.com.

When I enter the url of a at page domain2.com then it takes up to 30 secs to load if the last page view has been a page in the domain1.com site. If this slow load has been the front page then the first subpage load also takes up to 30 secs. And then all pages load fast (< 1 s).

If I then go back to domain1.com then it now acts the same way (slow for first two loads) and then it runs fast.

And if I go to domain2.com again it all repeats.

It seems as if the cache is build again even though no content has been published.

Notice: This slow performance does not apply for entering the url /umbraco. I can change back and forth between domain1.com/umbraco and domain2.com/umbraco without poor performance.

My installation:

• Umbraco version 8.3.0
    • SQL CE
    • No packages installed
    • Shared hosting environment (unoeuro.com)
  • Marcio Goularte 374 posts 1346 karma points
    Dec 29, 2019 @ 23:06
    Marcio Goularte

Hi Martin,

It seems to be something else. This behavior you describe is actually the view (cshtml) being compiled. Since the second time it loads it doesn't take long. You can test and access a different url of the same content where the view is the same. Now when accessing another domain, and vice versa, make sure it is not the pool that is restarting. Check the logs if there are any reboots.

It may also be the memory limit of your shared hosting. Here in Brazil the hosting is limited to 256mb and I had a problem similar to yours when I had 2 domains in the same installation. It wasn't the umbraco.

• Martin Rud 232 posts 902 karma points c-trib
    Jan 07, 2020 @ 07:34
    Martin Rud

It had the site moved to another server on the webhotel. Due to some other problems I ended up upgrading to Umbraco version 8.4.0.

The performance problem is solved now. Maybe due to server change, maybe due to Umbraco version upgrade. :)

Thanks, Marcio. :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft